rear double glazed window "flap" so warm?

The Tardis factor (interiors, awnings, roofs etc)

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

wolfbus.uk
80-90 Mem No: 0

Re: rear double glazed window "flap" so warm?

Post by wolfbus.uk »

Well it went in without any KY or Fairy. Just nice fit, I saved the KY to use on your MRS Bob :D

wolfbus.uk

Post by wolfbus.uk »

Yea went ahead with the grey one, the side one from Leisure windows was so lightly tinted it doesn't seem to stand out at all. You were right winchweight, it's totally transformed the van. I've made so many changes to the van but nothing has made more difference to the internal comfort than this. Used the old rubber too... [ insert dirty joke here ]

Winchweight
80-90 Mem No: 12697

Post by Winchweight »

I'm pleased with ours, but it scratches easily. As you say iot makes a huge difference and the reduction in condensation makes it worthwhile.

I'm going to replace the rubber on ours soon as the other one leaks terribly despite not being old (fitted by a VW "expert"). It's just looking a bit daunting and the rubber looks somewhat over engineered with all the flutes and channels and I dont want to get it wrong...
http://www.thelittleredbus.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

VW 2.1 WBX DJ Syncro Doka - SOLD
VW 1.9 TDi AHU Syncro Camper

Lewis..
80-90 Mem No: 14627

Post by Lewis.. »

Thought I'd resurrect this thread as my question seems relevant to it.

Does anyone have a photo of their double glazed rear window with grey tint? The reason I ask is I'd like to fit one to my van but don't want the tint to be too dark.

Thanks
Lewis

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
1986 1.9 DG WBX Panel Van

jacko1967

Post by jacko1967 »

I tookk my plastic rear window out to weld around the edges .i cut the old seal out and bought a new one .It took me and the window fitter to get it back in ,one on the inside one on the outside the fitter had never done a plastic one before and didn't want to break it he said you can be quite rough with glass but not with the plastic so slowly slowly and get help is my advice good look.

wolfbus.uk

Post by wolfbus.uk »

It's not dark Lewis really just a shade off of clear. Will send a photo when van back hopefully this weekend if you still need it :ok

Lewis..

Post by Lewis.. »

That's good to know, thanks wolfbus.uk! I should be alright now as I went ahead and ordered it anyway, didn't want to miss out before they go out of stock again, although apparently they haven't actually received the delivery of them yet.

Thanks also jacko1967 for the heads up on fitting. I'm worried that when I take the window out it'll need welding and that's not something I'm capable of doing so might have to find someone to do it

jacko1967

Post by jacko1967 »

I used a borrowed welder and practiced on scrap metal watched lots on you tube .the tailgate was the first job i did with the welder nothing ventured nothing gained

Lewis..

Post by Lewis.. »

Yeah that's a good point, maybe it's time I give it a go

multisi
80-90 Mem No: 12

Post by multisi »

I have a new set of 4 side windows in the light grey tint for sale, bought from vw busshop, still in box. P m me if you are interested.
1992 red lle 2.2 subaru 1990 rhd caravelle 2.2 subaru 1986 california import vanagon

Chocciemuffin

Post by Chocciemuffin »

Just seen a welder (the machine, not the person!) in Aldi today. £49.99. No idea whether it's a pile of junk or not, but might be useful for someone. :-)