reimo pop top

The Tardis factor (interiors, awnings, roofs etc)

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

bluebus1987
80-90 Mem No: 15052

reimo pop top

Post by bluebus1987 »

I've bought a reimo poptop to fit to my van at some point in the near future.
problem is in between taking the photographs and me collecting the roof, the seller ripped off the old ( described in the advert as shot )canvas.
We were planning on using it as a pattern to make our own using the old one as a template.
I can measure once its all fitted but it would be realy helpfull to have a used one or some realy accurate measurements to prepare one in advance.
Does anyone know how much of a difference there is between reimo and westy tops. they kind of look like the same dimensions but trying an old westy canvas against the reimo roof frame shows the westy as quite a bit bigger.
Also if anyone has experience of fitting a reimo top it would be realy handy. I've found some fitting instructions on the reimo site ( in german of course ) which will hopefully help with the hinge location at least.
Cheers.
Tim.

seanmc1970a
80-90 Mem No: 14501

Re: reimo pop top

Post by seanmc1970a »

How are you getting on with the roof?

Would be interested in any links to suppliers you have found

Thanks Sean
1.9 DG 1983 homebrew camper

bluebus1987
80-90 Mem No: 15052

Post by bluebus1987 »

I'm afraid the roof is still ratchet strapped to the top of the van. I did wash it over the weekend though!!
Although sold as a reimo and had a reimo type interior in the van it came from, I'm no longer convinced. It doesn't realy matter who made it in the end, but it would help to know. Its a westy shape but without the overlapping seal onto the luggage rack and the stiffening ribs on the top surface. As far as the canvas go's, it would be nice to have an easy to buy off the shelf thing just to get it fitted in a hurry, but I have plans that will make a custom made tent necessary in the long run anyway.
I'll try to remember to stick some pictures up.

seanmc1970a
80-90 Mem No: 14501

Post by seanmc1970a »

I bought a side elevating poptop over the weekend, in quite a bad state, but nothing TLC won't fix.
Just trying to figure out the make and somewhere to get parts from.

Plan is to get the poptop in good order, then take my hightop off ...... I need to read and research first.

Good luck with your conversion :ok

Sean
1.9 DG 1983 homebrew camper