Anyone use an ARB awning/sun canopy?

The Tardis factor (interiors, awnings, roofs etc)

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

windydubber
80-90 Mem No: 14265

Anyone use an ARB awning/sun canopy?

Post by windydubber »

Hi all,
Does anyone have one of theses? If so how do you rate it. I'm going to get a sun shade and just wonder if it's worth paying the extra for an ARB over a Fiamma?
Cheers
1981 T25 2.0l air cooled Autohomes Kamper. "Bob"

tforturton
80-90 Mem No: 11177

Re: Anyone use an ARB awning/sun canopy?

Post by tforturton »

There's a guy selling one in the 'For Sale' section. Sure he could give you a few pointers.
1990 2.1 DJ Syncro Caravelle/Westfalia conversion RHD

danmetallic
Trader
80-90 Mem No: 11955

Post by danmetallic »

We have an ARB and it really is good. Much better than the fiamma we used to have.
1988 VW T25 Westfalia Club Joker, 2.1 iDJ

windydubber
80-90 Mem No: 14265

Post by windydubber »

Brilliant. Thank you for that. It's just what I needed to hear! Someone who has had both! Cheers!
1981 T25 2.0l air cooled Autohomes Kamper. "Bob"

danmetallic
Trader

Post by danmetallic »

windydubber wrote:Brilliant. Thank you for that. It's just what I needed to hear! Someone who has had both! Cheers!

Glad it helped! Lots of nice accessories too. Slightly larger that a lot of the fiammas also.

jed the spread
Trader
80-90 Mem No: 1967

Post by jed the spread »

One of the reasons CampervanCulture.com developed the ARB awing fitting kit for the T25/T3 van is because we just were not happy fitting caravan parts from Italy to our vans, we want tough high quality stuff from Australia. Since we started CVC we have done a fair bit of travelling and have been exposed to what the overland travel community use so we spend most of our days applying quality swag to the vans we all use. Through our efforts 2wd vans now can sit higher rather than lower, big grippy tyres with tough rims are now being fitted rather than low profile tyres on lowered vans. Horrible cheap and nasty camping gear is behind us now because we now offer the type of camping gear we have been using for years ourselves on our travels.

You can check out the full range of ARB stuff for the T25/T3 that we have launched right here, http://campervanculture.com/product-cat ... ct/page/2/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; And remember we only sell our fitting brackets as part of out awning kits much to the annoyance of the people from the USA who have tried to use the Fiamma brackets in the past with not very good results as they catch the side door and have to be drilled when fitting the ARB awning. We have taken care of this for you with our fitting kit inc in our ARB awning bundle.

We even posted one back to Australia last Wednesday!

I hope this helps,

Jed
CAMPERVANCULTURE.COM

VW T25 Van Spares, Westfalia Parts, Quality Camping Gear & More

LostDog
80-90 Mem No: 15548

Post by LostDog »

My new ARB awning arrived today! Can anyone who has one tell if it I've fitted it correctly. I watch Jed's vid on you tube, It's solid and we'll fixed just seems like the brackets should be more upright?

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

danmetallic
Trader

Post by danmetallic »

Hey LostDog, thanks for the purchase :ok Yes, I can confirm that is correct. We have it angles now to accommodate some high top conversions. Hope you enjoy it. You can always email us if you have any questions. Cheers, Dan.

LostDog wrote:My new ARB awning arrived today! Can anyone who has one tell if it I've fitted it correctly. I watch Jed's vid on you tube, It's solid and we'll fixed just seems like the brackets should be more upright?

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk