Devon Roof sagging

The Tardis factor (interiors, awnings, roofs etc)

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

muley

Devon Roof sagging

Post by muley »

So back in 2008 i bought myself a Devon Camper which had seen better days,
The roof light was leaking and in terrible condition
so after contacting jk they sold me a new roof light, it was bigger than the old one but was new and worked,
now moving on to the new problem i have with the roof, what with it being summer and all i waited for it to rain, and so when one of our British light summer showers hit home i took a picture of the problem that i have,
i now have a puddle that collects on top of the roof, not only does the roof sag but the roof light has started to leak again, the leak i can deal with no problem but the sagging roof is giving me concern, before the roof light was fitted i removed all the old carpet that was dropping its fibre's and replaced it with new ribbed carpet from Boyriven which was a perfect match for the original (no longer being made ) so i fear that all my hard work on the inside is lost, i am also concerned that trying to repair the roof may only compound the problem, ie adding more weight to an already saggy roof,
the roof has never been in good condition but did its job ok, one of the gas strutts has detached itself from the roof altogether and the others are tired, the hinges rivets are making a bid for freedom, and where the hinges rivet into the fibreglass and metal plate has started to swell up to,
so can any one help with advice on my roof ?
just a note that i have been thinking of removing the whole pop top and welding a new albeit second hand roof panel on,
cheers.