Syncropendance - 2018 - Results & Thanks

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

Jim San
80-90 Mem No: 13133

Syncropendance - 2018 - Results & Thanks

Post by Jim San »

I'm home, unpacked, showered and fed after a most excellent weekend.

Thanks to Jenny, Clive, Sharon, Shaun Fiona for a very memorable event. Its always dangerous listing names of thanks in case one is missed - I known so many help in many different ways so thanks to all those also.

Thanks to Ben and Geoff for helping set up and run the Trailer Trial - and of coure special asxthanks to those who had a go :ok

Here are the results :

Congratulations to Jason who was the clear winner.
Special mention to Tim E581 who did some of the finest reversing of the weekend - only to undo it all with a couple of lapses of concentration

Shaun - 28
Les - retired
Mat - 60
Tim S - 8
Tim E581 - Disqualified (large trailer)
Tim E581 - 10 (small trailer)
Jason - 4
Dai - 8
Clive - 16
Clive - 28 (Subaru + small trailer)

How it was scored:
- 2 points for needing to drive forward to correct the trailer (aka a shunt)
- 10 points for touching a fence or a post
- Disqualified - breaking a post

- 0 The driver could leave the cab to have a look without penalty.

All in all it was very entertaining event :lol:
1991 (LHD) Syncro kombi 1.9MTDi 1Z (Landy fuel pump) 215/70/16
Life's to short to drink s@@t beer.
'Roads? We don't need roads where we're going'

silverbullet
Trader
80-90 Mem No: 6908

More SP thanks

Post by silverbullet »

To the organisational team (as ever), to Clive for being such a good sport*, to Sam Hall for the ibuprofen (made all the difference), to Ian G for the test drive (me and left hand drive...) and to James W for being our emergency contact whilst off-site on Saturday and also for the co-driver seat in a most enjoyable punch hunt!

Biggest thanks goes to the fair nation of Wales for her generosity with the weather and the beautiful, challenging terrain.

Hope we weren't seen as being mean with our sociability at all, we had a lot to do and someone had to be back at school this morning...

Finally, always pack your swimming cossie when going to SP! The water was lovely and cooling and having my ankles nibbled by the fish was a bonus :D

*the conditions are that the last recipient is responsible for presenting it to the next, at the following year's SP!

Sent from my S60 using Tapatalk

jebiga41
Trader
80-90 Mem No: 5654

Re: More SP thanks

Post by jebiga41 »

Got back to Dublin last night safe and sound with no obvious damage apart from a reshaped BBQ by a certain Audi driver :D what a cracking weekend so great to catch up with everyone and meet some new faces many thanks to Sharon for MC'ing the event and to everyone who worked so hard to make it an enjoyable and as always a safe event. Thanks to Aidan for his tireless support and ongoing tuition in the dark arts of gearbox rebuilding and congratulations to el presidente (Clive) on his award may your cup run erg over with a never ending supply of tonic water :lol:
VW T3/T25 and Syncro Gearbox rebuilds
http://vantopia.ie

silverbullet
Trader

Post by silverbullet »

Sportwagon drivers. What can you do?

Jim San
80-90 Mem No: 13133

Post by Jim San »

The Punch hunt was new to me, great fun and I never knew the SP 'piste' was so large. Had a great time exploring it and as ever learning more and more about the capabilities of the marvelous vehicles we drive - Thanks to you Ian for being willing to fill the co-driver seat and provide a rational head, sound advice and opinion on some of the situations we found ourselves in - particularly the traversing :evil:

On reflection, with favourable conditions, I think we should re-explore that little route we found through the woods - no doubt we'd find it less daunting next time :shock: .
1991 (LHD) Syncro kombi 1.9MTDi 1Z (Landy fuel pump) 215/70/16
Life's to short to drink s@@t beer.
'Roads? We don't need roads where we're going'

silverbullet
Trader

Post by silverbullet »

The pleasure was all mine! Good clean fun with a little light recovery action and definitely some hidden gems on the site that just need a little more access.
Nothing that a little bit of tidying wont put right ;)

PS we found a use for the "experimental" spelt flapjack that didnt quite bake: it makes for a really good breakfast when combined with natural yoghurt!

syncroandy
Trader
80-90 Mem No: 851

Post by syncroandy »

Had a grand time, thanks to all those who contributed. The jacobs join in Saturday was epic.

I am missing a sidecutter (pair of ?) so if anyone has found said item, left in their van accidentally, please let me know ! Cheers..
Syncrosport
Volkswagen Transporter, reloaded.

252 GC5 EJ25 AAN L90D
246 097 AFN AVL+ L90D
Syncronaut #004

rollercoaster
80-90 Mem No: 6231

Post by rollercoaster »

Lovely to meet people and be participating in the excitement,
looking forward to next year already.
Big thanks to everyone,
not just for putting it all on,
but answering my never ending questions and offering advice etc.
A cornucopia of crazy characters, the syncros..
and interesting drivers too!
Live as if you were to die tomorrow
Learn as if you were to live forever

Syncro Danbury 2.0 petrol AGG

HarryMann
Admin/Mod
80-90 Mem No: 379

Post by HarryMann »

Mr tardy here.. should have reported my thanks a week ago !

So firstly thanks to Sharon for stepping up as acting Clerk of Course... making a good job of it and being there on the hill when needed to spot any transgressions , blow her whistle and keep everyone safe. Top Job !
Sean and Fiona (and think someone else) who set out the Punch Hunt over such a wide and interesting area, a great success.
Jim and Geoff for so diligently settingout a very good trailer reversing trial and not raising too many eyebrows too obviously.. and Ben for bringing the hurdles of course.
John Lucas for an exceptionally well built and fuelled bonfire... (and the hotdogs!)
Ian for making a replacement Axle Nut trophy.. the failed VC award or whatever we are going to call it... Ill think of something
Chairman Mai (Oops, typo Dai) for helping everywhere without being asked and Jason too and no doubt about everyone else, including Secretary Neil and the Committee.
Jenny for making it happen again, and taking all the money, sending everything out as well as organising the Colman for signing on and the evening apero..
Everyone for the incredible array of food and drink offered so generously... nobody went hungry Im sure even vegans, fisharians or mushroxians (!)
Everyone for giving it a shot and turning up again...

Ah! Of Course.. last but by no means least !!! AIDAN For just being there to ensure we had a safe port of call if disaster struck in any particular sphere of vehicular or bodily peculiarity... his workshop and help are always a great backstop that are much appreciated.

@@ The moon.. for its full and transcendent appearance every night @@
Last but not least - Farmer Lewis - best camping field in the country ?
The 80-90 Tech Wikipedia Your 1st port of call :idea

1.9TD Syncro Doka / Syncro Kastenwagen / 16" Kombi Camper
Syncronaut No. 1

crazydiamond
80-90 Mem No: 173

Post by crazydiamond »

Well said Clive, although I didnt do the hard work of setting up the reversing trial, just stood around looking stupid (as usual)
1982 2 litre Aircooled Devon
1988 2.1 Syncro ex ambulance
Member 173 and Syncronaught 10

silverbullet
Trader

Post by silverbullet »

Pescetarians and Fungarians?

The award already has a name Clive:

The Goblet of Mire!

(Apologies to JK Rowling)

HarryMann
Admin/Mod
80-90 Mem No: 379

Post by HarryMann »

Ian.. yes sorry, we'll stick with that then...

I'm an anti fungarian which i was trying to get across.) - not that uncommon - having developed an extreme sensitivity in the last few years.
Labelling foods as having even been near fungi in preparation would be useful....think Fiona said this is starting to be necessary (or at least realused) in professional catering trade.
The 80-90 Tech Wikipedia Your 1st port of call :idea

1.9TD Syncro Doka / Syncro Kastenwagen / 16" Kombi Camper
Syncronaut No. 1

silverbullet
Trader

Post by silverbullet »

Really? The amount of fungus spores present in the air that settle on everything we eat and which we also take in with every breath are not to be discounted.
But I digress...