14” Syncro front wheel bearings

For 4x4 owners, you must register to post but anyone can read.

Moderators: Moderators, User administrators

Forum rules
You can find further syncro specific information on the Syncronauts website.

14” Syncro front wheel bearings

Postby KINGPRAWN » 04 Apr 2018, 18:01

Hi, need to replace my front discs, have a new pair but no bearings...
Can I press out the existing ones that are in perfect working order or must I replace them and blow another £100 :(

Thanks
in too deep to quit now....
KINGPRAWN

80-90 Mem No: 9516

Re: 14” Syncro front wheel bearings

Postby clift_d » 04 Apr 2018, 19:00

If it's a Syncro then there's no need to replace the bearings when you change the front brake discs.

Just take off the front wheel, move the calliper out of the way and the front disc should just lift off - caveat - there may be a small retention bolt through the disc into the hub that needs to be removed first. You should also change the pads at the same time.
1988 LHD T25 1.6TD Westfalia Club Joker Hightop syncro
clift_d

80-90 Mem No: 11695

Postby KINGPRAWN » 05 Apr 2018, 08:01

clift_d wrote:If it's a Syncro then there's no need to replace the bearings when you change the front brake discs.

Just take off the front wheel, move the calliper out of the way and the front disc should just lift off - caveat - there may be a small retention bolt through the disc into the hub that needs to be removed first. You should also change the pads at the same time.

Thanks for your time, no idea where I got that idea from, sure that I read it somewhere... obviously I invented it “thankfully”..... HAPPY DAYS !!!
in too deep to quit now....
KINGPRAWN

80-90 Mem No: 9516

Postby HarryMann » 06 Apr 2018, 11:12

KINGPRAWN wrote:
clift_d wrote:If it's a Syncro then there's no need to replace the bearings when you change the front brake discs.

Thanks for your time, no idea where I got that idea from, sure that I read it somewhere... obviously I invented it “thankfully”..... HAPPY DAYS !!!
You read a 2WD thread
I expect!

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
HarryMann
Admin/Mod

80-90 Mem No: 379

Return to Syncro