It Lives!!! - thanks to Aidan

For 4x4 owners, you must register to post but anyone can read.

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

Forum rules
You can find further syncro specific information on the Syncronauts website.

It Lives!!! - thanks to Aidan

Postby TheProf » 07 Jan 2018, 21:02

Ok. So what.. i have 2 green difflock lights working. Big Deal.
Well, in a previous post
http://forum.club8090.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=159658&p=8185534&hilit=trakka#p8185534
I told of the trakka woes of long term water ingress which had basically destroyed the innards of the front differential.
The good news now is that Aidan has not only rebuilt the original gearbox with upgrades for longevity, he also managed to recreate the destroyed front diff converting another 6N non-locking diff to a locking diff which is therefore now re-stamped as an ADM (with refurbed vc courtesy of Ian of course). Note that almost all original australian syncros only had the rear locking diff like the american market, so Aidan has now made the trakka syncro an even more rare beast , as it is now a trakka syncro bronco gold conversion as close to original spec as possible but with the added bonus of correct ratio front and rear locking diffs!!

More importantly however, it all now works and we will be camping in mid/north wales, hopefully in the snow, in the very near future!!

Many thanks also to Brian and Rich at station garage for doing all the swapping over too ..

The trakka had most of the wiring loom already in place --with the extra missing pipework and panels provided from my previous scrapped syncro.
Also the locking lights didnt work at first, although verified mechanically locking. So i had to find one of these:--
....a vaccuum sensor switch for the front diff -- which was a part not already in the trakka.. plus the little flasher unit circuit board..

So i now have fully functional front and rear difflocks with working green lights which also flash on partial engagement as it should!.
Happy days...

Many thanks Aidan -- excellent work and commitment --- very much appreciated...
TheProf

80-90 Mem No: 9683

Re: It Lives!!! - thanks to Aidan

Postby irishkeet » 07 Jan 2018, 22:09

:ok nice one
irishkeet

80-90 Mem No: 2322

Re: It Lives!!! - thanks to Aidan

Postby silverbullet » 08 Jan 2018, 08:16

Well done and glad to be of service. Reckon we should see a few more long-term project syncros returning to use this year in the UK.

Sent from my S60 using Tapatalk
'85 syncro 'velle resto, '90 SA Microbus project, '95 SA Microbus 2.6i

http://www.025motorsport.com
silverbullet
Trader

80-90 Mem No: 6908

Return to Syncro