camperjam the aftermath

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

crazydiamond
80-90 Mem No: 173

camperjam the aftermath

Post by crazydiamond »

Well what can i say.....fantastic weekend. Very well organised thanks to Si (Toomanytoys ) and all the helpers marshals and drivers. I drove total of 27miles of rides over two days. Nursie behaved impeccable and jayne was pretty good as well. Great food and company as always. You all should come next year even if 2wd. Mockie hope all is ok with the little un we saw you returning as we left.
1982 2 litre Aircooled Devon
1988 2.1 Syncro ex ambulance
Member 173 and Syncronaught 10

silverbullet
Trader
80-90 Mem No: 6908

Re: camperjam the aftermarth

Post by silverbullet »

Second that, in every respect. Thanks for the quick spin around the course at the end of the day, I am starting to feel like a syncronaut again ;)

Sent from my S60 using Tapatalk

Zoe
80-90 Mem No: 9491

Post by Zoe »

We made it home after surgery this morning :( she is a brave girl.
Mum to one energetic little boy, one truly amazing little girl 4 Chickens,1 VW T25:)

philyoung
80-90 Mem No: 15404

Post by philyoung »

Glad she's OK Zoe, hope it all heals nicely. Aside from injuries it was a great weekend and my Hannah loved it, although I'm not sure she or Simon have recovered from my driving the doka around the off road course!!
1990 LHD 2.5WBX Syncro Krankenwagen

Winchweight
80-90 Mem No: 12697

Post by Winchweight »

Good to hear she's home. She's one very brave girl.
Last edited by Winchweight on 09 Jul 2017, 21:23, edited 1 time in total.
http://www.thelittleredbus.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

VW 2.1 WBX DJ Syncro Doka - SOLD
VW 1.9 TDi AHU Syncro Camper

Mocki
Membership Admin
80-90 Mem No: 428

Post by Mocki »

Yes, thanks to everyone there for your concern , support and help, Phil for looking , Shaun for your fast response , Simon and Gilly for keeping an eye on Jack while I fought with the traffic and fetch Zoe and Georgi back this afternoon.
The Camperjam medics were fantastic, going over and beyond what they needed to do, the ambulance service were useless and I will be making a complaint .
The staff at Telford Hospital were very nice and professional by all accounts ....

Georgi is tough, me not so !
Steve
tel / txt O7947-137911
👀

1989 2.1LpgWBX HiTop Leisuredrive Camper
1988 2.1 Caravelle TS TinTop Camper 

Winchweight
80-90 Mem No: 12697

Post by Winchweight »

To all the drivers and the support team, thank you so much for making this weekend another memorable one. Hopefully when the final tally is in, it will be worth the sweat and time. I had a great time and although I put £6 in the jet wash, I doubt I got rid of all the red mud. Mind you I'm also probably not welcome at Tescos jet wash again...

Thanks in particular to Simon for arranging it once again, which i know is no mean feat. To Gillian, Jim, Ethan and Fiona for running the passenger terminal - Stansted could learn from you! Also the marshals, Ian, Phil, Sharon, Aidan, Paul and of course Hannah for being probably the scariest marshal! Did we ever practise the emergency stop?

Special mention goes to Daniel for his tireless and ever jovial cajoling to keep the line busy.

Well done to Jane, Kirsty, Luis for sitting in the blazing sun selling merchandise to top up the pot for charity.

And of course the drivers: Geoff, Simon, Dave, Ben (and me), who kept smiling as yet another sweaty yoof, dripping small person, or screaming scouse girl clambered into their trucks. There were some sights you can't unsee.... eh Geoff?

Thanks also to Jenny and Clive who are doubtless still counting £s and accounting for the cash. Of course thanks for supporting the event, ensuring the insurance etc was in place - a thankless and unseen task.

Until next year!

(Weren't the bogs nice a clean for a change.... :run )
http://www.thelittleredbus.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

VW 2.1 WBX DJ Syncro Doka - SOLD
VW 1.9 TDi AHU Syncro Camper

jrt
80-90 Mem No: 10288

Post by jrt »

Really enjoyed my trip around the course on Sat' afternoon, thanks to all involved.
All the best David
the future is unwritten

clift_d
80-90 Mem No: 11695

Post by clift_d »

I'd just like to echo what Winchweight posted, and say well done to everyone who helped out and put in so much hard work.

Plus a big thank you to everyone who made it across to us and put their pounds in the boxes, particularly those people who stuck in a few extra quid.

Hopefully more people will join us next year to camp even if they can't help out, and also more of you will get a chance to come and have a ride.

:ok
1988 LHD T25 1.6TD Westfalia Club Joker Hightop syncro

jebiga41
Trader
80-90 Mem No: 5654

Post by jebiga41 »

Only made it for the day but was great to see everyone well done to all the drivers and marshalls for their hard work and representing the syncronauts. Good to the smiles on the passengers faces and the screams and yelps coming from the vans going around the course
VW T3/T25 and Syncro Gearbox rebuilds
http://vantopia.ie

toomanytoys
Trader
80-90 Mem No: 41

Post by toomanytoys »

Morning all..
Well.. it was gone 7 before we had finally packed and cleared up and left Weston Park..

I was too tired last night to post.. sorry..
So here, in addition to the above.. :ok

Those that gave up their time helping and tirelessly putting in the effort, you are truly amazing people.. I think all of you appreciate how much work goes on in the background.. (Its a lot) I thank you all from the bottom of my heart for your support. :ok

So a MASSIVE personal thank you to:- David, Kirsty, Esther, Scarlett, Daniel, Ian, Sharon, Ben, Hannah, Dr Phil, Mocki, Zoe, James, Fiona, Shaun, Geoff, Jayne, Paul, Aidan, Kaye, Simon, Luis, Ethan and Gillian. (have I missed anyone?? I really dont mean too, but we all know how good I am with names...)

Of course Clive and Jenny for you advice, support and encouragement..
I also thank the CamperJam team for assisting with my requests and being bloomin nice people..

Fantasticly, we took the following..

The donation boxes had £25.31
The CJ18 family pass draw in honour of our good friend Pete Pollard (PC 52) kindly donated by CamperJam, made £185
The rides and merchandise (charity items and the superb limited edition badges made by Daniel) made a staggering £1530

Thats a total of £1740.31

For that.. I have to thank the totally wonderful passengers and passers by for being generous and finding out what an amazing ride it truly is.. :ok

I really hope to see more Club 80-90 members next year..

silverbullet
Trader
80-90 Mem No: 6908

Post by silverbullet »

Now that is something worth shouting about!
Next year, more vans, more drivers and more publicity.
Maybe a bit of a static display to catch the eye? Can we fund a big syncro flag to help people find us?
My own plan involves a guerrilla poster attack on the rear of the land train ;)

Sent from my S60 using Tapatalk
Last edited by silverbullet on 10 Jul 2017, 08:09, edited 1 time in total.

Tinium
80-90 Mem No: 12269

Post by Tinium »

I can't add much to what's been said already, but even so, it's worth saying again - a big thank you to everyone involved, the organising, driving, marshalling, cooking, corralling and cajoling were all excellent! :ok

A great weekend, and always good to catch up with everyone, and with the small bonus of raising a very satisfying amount of cash for charity.

I just need to buy my old man a bottle of wine now to make up for what was left on his drive after I cleaned my van on the way home yesterday.... though I'm sure it'll be good for the roses. :)
1987 Syncro EJ25 Leisuredrive Tin-Top Campervan

Tinium
80-90 Mem No: 12269

Post by Tinium »

Oh, and if anyone got any videos/photos, please share, I can then show the family the good clean fun we were having :)
1987 Syncro EJ25 Leisuredrive Tin-Top Campervan

HarryMann
Admin/Mod
80-90 Mem No: 379

Post by HarryMann »

Brilliant result as was last year... thanks Simon and everyone else listed.

Let's add Georgia Pollard to that list of helpers who pulled in a lot of punters like Jane and helped sell a lot of tickets too...
And Jenny of course who spent most of last night in the counting house... while I was watering 3 allotments hehe... :)

While Sharon was shooing the interlopers away inside got a few good photos... which I'll put up in due course
The 80-90 Tech Wikipedia Your 1st port of call :idea

1.9TD Syncro Doka / Syncro Kastenwagen / 16" Kombi Camper
Syncronaut No. 1