Plunge

For 4x4 owners, you must register to post but anyone can read.

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

Forum rules
You can find further syncro specific information on the Syncronauts website.

Plunge

Postby rollercoaster » 06 Jul 2017, 07:06

Mikes Tristar won us over,
I can stop lurking on this forum now and openly participate again.

RHD, doors all round, even the three point belts for the kids,
hopefully a fair bit of reliable driving enjoyment straight away.
“Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.”
User avatar
rollercoaster
 
Posts: 123
Joined: 10 Dec 2008, 20:30
Location: South West Cornwall
80-90 Mem No: 6231

Re: Plunge

Postby Winchweight » 06 Jul 2017, 07:34

Shame you missed Syncropendence last weekend. But its Camper Jam this weekend and the Syncronauts will be there doing demo drives. A good time to put the Tristar through its paces?
www.thelittleredbus.com

VW 2.1 WBX DJ Syncro Doka
VW 1.9 TDi AHU Syncro Camper
User avatar
Winchweight
 
Posts: 1323
Joined: 26 Jul 2013, 17:19
Location: Shrewsbury / Brize Norton
80-90 Mem No: 12697

Re: Plunge

Postby bene » 06 Jul 2017, 08:07

Its a cool truck.... Have you been to see it yet?
He owned it years ago, then a couple of local guys to me owned it. The previous owner used it as his daily workhorse, he was a lumberjack of sorts.
I dont think he really knew what he had. Sounds like Mike has done a fair amount of work on it since.
When i looked at it, there was oil in the water but i believe that Mike fixed it.
I wish i bought it when it was local to me! ha ha!
Good luck with the purchase.
cheers
Any one for cricket? what what?
User avatar
bene
 
Posts: 752
Joined: 03 Jan 2014, 14:39
Location: gillingham, the med (as in medway)
80-90 Mem No: 13093

Re: Plunge

Postby silverbullet » 06 Jul 2017, 08:08

Good luck with it. He has probably raped all the best bits off it and given you the less good parts for top money. Its his style.

Sent from my S60 using Tapatalk
'85 syncro 'velle resto, '90 SA Microbus project, '95 SA Microbus 2.6i

http://www.025motorsport.com
User avatar
silverbullet
Trader
 
Posts: 9476
Joined: 08 Jun 2009, 09:51
Location: Surrey Syncronaut #156
80-90 Mem No: 6908

Re: Plunge

Postby rollercoaster » 06 Jul 2017, 09:42

Winchweight wrote:Shame you missed Syncropendence last weekend. But its Camper Jam this weekend and the Syncronauts will be there doing demo drives. A good time to put the Tristar through its paces?


Cool, thanks for the info and opportunity.
Think I will start with a few trips to the supermarket..
Sorry thats a sort of joke!
I have plenty of torturous off road jobs to do around here,
my playgrounds are pretty fun to drive around and full of stuff and trailers.

Looking forward to meeting up in the future,
probably somewhere wild rather than a crowded VW event.
“Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.”
User avatar
rollercoaster
 
Posts: 123
Joined: 10 Dec 2008, 20:30
Location: South West Cornwall
80-90 Mem No: 6231

Re: Plunge

Postby rollercoaster » 06 Jul 2017, 10:14

bene wrote:Its a cool truck.... Have you been to see it yet?
He owned it years ago, then a couple of local guys to me owned it. The previous owner used it as his daily workhorse, he was a lumberjack of sorts.
I dont think he really knew what he had. Sounds like Mike has done a fair amount of work on it since.
When i looked at it, there was oil in the water but i believe that Mike fixed it.
I wish i bought it when it was local to me! ha ha!
Good luck with the purchase.
cheers



I won't really know what I have until I have been driving it a couple of months.
Will let you know!
“Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.”
User avatar
rollercoaster
 
Posts: 123
Joined: 10 Dec 2008, 20:30
Location: South West Cornwall
80-90 Mem No: 6231

Re: Plunge

Postby rollercoaster » 06 Jul 2017, 10:17

silverbullet wrote:Good luck with it. He has probably raped all the best bits off it and given you the less good parts for top money. Its his style.

Sent from my S60 using Tapatalk


I do hope not, I am particularly looking forward to the reconditioned VC...
“Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.”
User avatar
rollercoaster
 
Posts: 123
Joined: 10 Dec 2008, 20:30
Location: South West Cornwall
80-90 Mem No: 6231

Re: Plunge

Postby silverbullet » 06 Jul 2017, 11:12

The one part that he paid for in full because there was nothing to haggle. He still tried.

Sent from my S60 using Tapatalk
'85 syncro 'velle resto, '90 SA Microbus project, '95 SA Microbus 2.6i

http://www.025motorsport.com
User avatar
silverbullet
Trader
 
Posts: 9476
Joined: 08 Jun 2009, 09:51
Location: Surrey Syncronaut #156
80-90 Mem No: 6908

Re: Plunge

Postby bene » 06 Jul 2017, 11:14

rollercoaster wrote:
bene wrote:Its a cool truck.... Have you been to see it yet?
He owned it years ago, then a couple of local guys to me owned it. The previous owner used it as his daily workhorse, he was a lumberjack of sorts.
I dont think he really knew what he had. Sounds like Mike has done a fair amount of work on it since.
When i looked at it, there was oil in the water but i believe that Mike fixed it.
I wish i bought it when it was local to me! ha ha!
Good luck with the purchase.
cheers



I won't really know what I have until I have been driving it a couple of months.
Will let you know!


ha ha! cool.... a quite rare truck is what you have!
Any one for cricket? what what?
User avatar
bene
 
Posts: 752
Joined: 03 Jan 2014, 14:39
Location: gillingham, the med (as in medway)
80-90 Mem No: 13093

Re: Plunge

Postby Syncrobaz » 06 Jul 2017, 14:51

Hope it's ok, we were due to view it on Saturday and give him a deposit :shock: Seems a bit smelly but as long as it doesn't turn out like our last experience with the Syncrospares SA 'velle you'll be fine :wink:
Syncronaut no 152
92 RHD mv panel van
Syncrobaz
 
Posts: 680
Joined: 19 Jul 2010, 21:12
Location: Wiltshire
80-90 Mem No: 10610

Re: Plunge

Postby bene » 06 Jul 2017, 15:40

Baz, wasn't it you that nearly bought it when it was for sale round the corner from me?
Cheers
Any one for cricket? what what?
User avatar
bene
 
Posts: 752
Joined: 03 Jan 2014, 14:39
Location: gillingham, the med (as in medway)
80-90 Mem No: 13093

Re: Plunge

Postby scaltura » 06 Jul 2017, 19:03

Good luck with purchase
scaltura
 
Posts: 226
Joined: 16 Mar 2010, 13:05

Re: Plunge

Postby jes*b » 06 Jul 2017, 19:24

Best of luck with it. Glad you found something that suited. And before you ask, no the NATO canopy on my RHD 16" doka will not be sold separately :)
jes*b
 
Posts: 806
Joined: 25 May 2008, 09:41
Location: folkestone, kent
80-90 Mem No: 10335

Re: Plunge

Postby Syncrobaz » 06 Jul 2017, 20:37

bene wrote:Baz, wasn't it you that nearly bought it when it was for sale round the corner from me?
Cheers


That's right Ben, I didn't buy it then thanks to your feedback ,didn't buy it now either :roll: which means I have 9k + to spend !! Lots of booze or maybe a T4 Syncro ? :idea

Cheers, Baz.
Syncronaut no 152
92 RHD mv panel van
Syncrobaz
 
Posts: 680
Joined: 19 Jul 2010, 21:12
Location: Wiltshire
80-90 Mem No: 10610

Re: Plunge

Postby rollercoaster » 06 Jul 2017, 21:25

Syncrobaz wrote:or maybe a T4 Syncro ? :idea

Cheers, Baz.


Noooo....
I tried that one, they are a bit better than a T4 but not much.
Its certainly not got the balance and traction you have been used to.
I could get mine in and out of the places I needed to, eventually.
Waiting for the long dry spells first and taking a run up,
which is dodgy on narrow twisty, muddy, stone walled lanes.

Probably the only worry I have with the Tristar is the WBX,
and I would worry even if it was new...

A little bit of concern that a DOKA won't suit me,
I very nearly bought one 10 years ago, syncro's were a lot cheaper then..

The height is also very close to top limit on my rollershutter...
“Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.”
User avatar
rollercoaster
 
Posts: 123
Joined: 10 Dec 2008, 20:30
Location: South West Cornwall
80-90 Mem No: 6231

Next

Return to Syncro

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: dcfb77, lefty67 and 9 guests