Syncopenedence 2017: the debrief

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

NickBab
80-90 Mem No: 13949

Re: Syncopenedence 2017: the debrief

Post by NickBab »

I agree, good to have some new ideas which by the sound of it will only be better next year. Future plans to keep everyone busy during exercises sound great. Nothing worse than standing around when the weekend passes so quickly.

Not that I'm complaining, another great SP.

The failed ascent was perfect Simon. You couldn't have been any closer to the top.
87 Syncro, 73 Bay, 67 Beetle and other non VW stuff

axeman
80-90 Mem No: 6410

Post by axeman »

I take that your all k ow that there is an anual AGM where this tyre of thing can be discussed which is open to all paid up members. Could I recommend that these ideas are put forward to that then they stand a chance of being implemented if that's what's wanted.
Just for a point of reference about half a dozen members attended the AGM last year.

Rant over

Neil
Back in the game with an uncut 2wd panel van

Jim San
80-90 Mem No: 13133

Post by Jim San »

I think it's very natural and sensible to talk about the event and throw about ideas for discussion just after the event whilst it is fresh in the minds of everyone.
1991 (LHD) Syncro kombi 1.9MTDi 1Z (Landy fuel pump) 215/70/16
Life's to short to drink s@@t beer.
'Roads? We don't need roads where we're going'

Wedgbury
80-90 Mem No: 15292

Post by Wedgbury »

Unfortunately quite a few people could not get on the AGM last year, us included. When is there a call for agenda items to be proposed as we must have missed it?
Moreover being able to discuss events and what members would like to do / see / try is surely healthy? They can then be put to the committee to consider at any point can't they or
proposed as agenda items ahead of the AGM if that is the only forum in which it can be discussed.

We only have one Syncropendence and it is in an excellent spot so any ideas should be welcomed so that everybody, including the committee members, can decide if the activity is then acceptable to be put on and something that the club members would be interested in.

silverbullet
Trader
80-90 Mem No: 6908

Post by silverbullet »

While I think of it...the info pack that was emailed out was excellent.
One thing that I would have liked: could the OS map sheet be oriented to cover the whole of the land to which we have access, with the boundary highlighted?
I feel that this would be more useful in informing everyone as to the true nature of the terrain, as well as its relationship to the campsite.
I dont want to go all Scout leader about it but I think there is always room for a bit of nav work ;)

Sent from my S60 using Tapatalk

Wedgbury
80-90 Mem No: 15292

Post by Wedgbury »

We better not let Winchweight do the Navigation stuff it would all be in knots and nautical miles :D

Winchweight
80-90 Mem No: 12697

Post by Winchweight »

Wedgbury wrote:We better not let Winchweight do the Navigation stuff it would all be in knots and nautical miles :D

Dunno what you mean? What else is there? Oh, do you want it in Mach? :ok
http://www.thelittleredbus.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

VW 2.1 WBX DJ Syncro Doka - SOLD
VW 1.9 TDi AHU Syncro Camper

JustSharon
80-90 Mem No: 3428

Re: Syncropendance 2017: the debrief

Post by JustSharon »

Discussion is healthy and looking at previous AGMs with comprehensive reports etc, relative points have always been raised.

Whilst Pete and I have not been active participants in the AGM over the past few years, the AGM is always open to read for a period of time pre-agm and post-agm. If both Pete or I have felt the need we have contributed, either beforehand or after.

As we run as an affiliated club, AGM comments and points for discussion should be forwarded to the secretary prior to the AGM and these points can be raised on the agenda.
For instance: Children should wear high viz on events
Discussion: Communal meals ..

Ian, highlighting the whole area of land we have to run may appear to be problematic, whilst we do run several familiar routes, if a map was to be produced to show it in it's entirety this could lead to 'wanderers' that are either not inducted into SP/Syncro/off-road etiquette/etc. Besides, Jenny and Clive produce the majority of the paperwork associated with this event and mapping those hills, well, I'm sure the pair of them would like to rest at some point.

On another note, this would have been Pete's 10th SP. Ian (very kindly) took it in his hands and put together a plaque to mark a spot that Pete enjoyed visiting. Everybody shared the lovely quiet moment at the lonely tree to remember him aswell, that part of the weekend was emotional but Georgia, Andrew and me thoroughly appreciated it. He would have enjoyed the weekend.
It's all the little moments in life that make it a big adventure.

1989 AFN TDI Syncro

silverbullet
Trader
80-90 Mem No: 6908

Post by silverbullet »

I can see the point about not encouraging "exploration" by those inexperienced or unfamiliar with the site, but the event is billed expressly as not being pay-to-play and those terms of admission are understood.
Knowing the site boundaries would at least mean that all are fully informed?

I am relieved that Petes memorial was well received. I felt it better to simply get it done in time for the weekend.

Sent from my S60 using Tapatalk