Syncronauts Meet ups for 2017?

For 4x4 owners, you must register to post but anyone can read.

Moderators: Moderators, User administrators

Forum rules
You can find further syncro specific information on the Syncronauts website.

Re: Syncronaughts Meet ups for 2017?

Postby HarryMann » 05 Jan 2017, 10:49

Just a few comments...
Neil's right of course. . The AGM :-
a) is mandatory to retain our MSA affiliation (minutes have to be made and sent to the MSA);
b) takes a fair bit of time & work to setup;
c) contains a fairly detailed synopsis of the year's activities, our accounts and the minutes of last year's AGM;
d) is an opportunity to catch up at the end of the year and moan/groan/suggest/encourage or just say something outrageous... but at least register your existence (apologies always accepted :))

The only event always cast in stone is Syncropendence... it has historical roots with our first ever meet and still encompasses most of the elements deemed important in our club too... at one site over one weekend.

Busfest went through a bit of a catharsis itself from Vanfest a few years back and as our PM might say '.. Busfest is Busfest '
Club 80-90 always booked formal club camping and once or twice we had a display in the halls. Not sure we'd be keen to pay for a stand and the way its panned out seems we go as individuals either to camp or daytrip and enjoy what others organise Syncrowise... too many cooks and all that.

The way we see AO is entirely different to other events...
It's late enough in the year to be a 'wrap up' of the season... yet usually offers good weather and within the tentable season!
Fairly central geographically for good access...
Provides a platform for others to see our club, vans and our members to all meet together for once in a casual atmosphere...
Gives plenty of time and space for both chewing and eating the fat without any driving /organisational pressures.

The Big Outdoors should perhaps be looked at in a different light... would it really be a suitable replacement for AO or an event we go to without a big club splash.
We recently made a concious effort to limit or separate what we attempt as a Club 'officially' per year and what we deem local or individual attendance events worth broadcasting but not getting the committee involved with... for various reasons... workload and this ever present 'grey area' .. is it a Syncronauts event and does it need an MSA permit and is it a site event or laning and who's actually holding the reins!
HarryMann
Admin/Mod

80-90 Mem No: 379

Postby HarryMann » 05 Jan 2017, 11:01

Nick..

We have recced routes your way and Jenny will send them.

I recently spoke to Richard H about a touring/light laning Springtime weekend aimed at linking up visits to ancient/megalithic sites in the Oxford/ Thames Valley region.
A provisional campsite to recce is a Cider Orchard near Chalgrove, over Watlington ~ Wallingford way.
Great Rollright to Dragon Hill/Waylands Smithy roughly covers the driving range.
Would you like me to copy you in then we can see if any of your research fits... we aim to recce the campsite early Feb one Sat or Sun. . bring the bike by all means :)

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
HarryMann
Admin/Mod

Re: Syncronauts Meets 2017?

Postby bene » 05 Jan 2017, 11:50

Hello!
I cant really add anything to this... other than my apologies for not sitting in on the AGM.
If im honest, I have very little free time and deem myself pretty useless at organising anything, including myself.
So im sorry, and will try to be around next time it happens.
More honesty - im happy how it is and didnt see the need for change and the whole 'online AGM' thing is alien to me, so i ran away! ha ha!

Actually i will add something - sometimes its great to have active weekends, sometimes its great to sit in a field and talk bull poop and drink beer. I absolutely loved both types of previous 'events'.

Thanks to everybody for doing what they do!
Any one for cricket? what what?
bene

80-90 Mem No: 13093

Re: Syncronauts Meets 2017?

Postby syncropatrick » 05 Jan 2017, 12:34

Mendipidy after 3 years on the trot in North Somerset early May Bank Holiday weekend, is taking a rest this year. Could someone else put on an event around that time as first event of the year?
Contributing to running an event is a great experience, however my van hasn't moved under its own steam for nearly 2 years which means I'm not really a Syncronaut until I get it going again. My energies are going towards that this year.
WANTED: A T25 double glazed plastic window, in any condition.
syncropatrick

80-90 Mem No: 5294

Re: Syncronauts Meet ups for 2017?

Postby HarryMann » 05 Jan 2017, 13:02

Yes Patrick true...
In the AGM forum there's discussion of the need for a replacement event. ..
I think Neil mooted the possibility of a variation on their (Jes Nick Neil) August BH 2016 Kent Lanes event if we have nothing else on the table...
IIRC I also mooted something along the lines above... although originallly intended as an ad hoc tour for those interested in archaeo /megalithic artefacts in the home counties...
Maybe if nothing else I might have found a campsite suitable for what Nick's thinking... so recceing the Cider Farm seems high on the agenda !

http://www.syncronauts.org.uk/AGMForum/ ... f=62&t=240

Link to AGM discussion on Spring Event
HarryMann
Admin/Mod

Postby HarryMann » 05 Jan 2017, 14:37

bene wrote:Hello!
I cant really add anything to this... other than my apologies for not sitting in on the AGM.
If im honest, I have very little free time and deem myself pretty useless at organising anything, including myself.
So im sorry, and will try to be around next time it happens.
More honesty - im happy how it is and didnt see the need for change and the whole 'online AGM' thing is alien to me, so i ran away! ha ha!

Actually i will add something - sometimes its great to have active weekends, sometimes its great to sit in a field and talk bull poop and drink beer. I absolutely loved both types of previous 'events'.

Thanks to everybody for doing what they do!

Ben yes... an online AGM is quite weird.
It was weird for us to conceive and organise but the first was busy and quite a crazy frenetic thing to participate in... you needed about six heads and twelve hands.
But just to say... there's no other way we could have an AGM and expect an attendance of more than three.... not exactly a quorum.

And something I forgot above...

e) there's the voting in of the Committee and subsequently Officers of the club.
HarryMann
Admin/Mod

Postby NickBab » 05 Jan 2017, 20:41

HarryMann wrote:Nick..

I recently spoke to Richard H about a touring/light laning Springtime weekend aimed at linking up visits to ancient/megalithic sites in the Oxford/ Thames Valley region.
A provisional campsite to recce is a Cider Orchard near Chalgrove, over Watlington ~ Wallingford way.
Great Rollright to Dragon Hill/Waylands Smithy roughly covers the driving range.
Would you like me to copy you in then we can see if any of your research fits... we aim to recce the campsite early Feb one Sat or Sun. . bring the bike by all means :)

Sounds good Clive, happy to help organise something although all the spring bank holidays are out for me already. I'm sure we can find a weekend though. Feb recce sounds good.

I suggested the Malborough to Newbury corridor based on the Byways noted at http://www.bywaymap.com/. There seems to be quite a few BOAT's in that area (green) which seem to thin out as you get further into Oxfordfordshire. It looks the same as my area where most of the Byways are now restricted (red) so no good for us. There's a few other good campsites around that area too. I'll do some research so we have something to compare. I guess it depends how much laning you have in mind, very happy to discuss further.

Slight E D I T: The area I was looking at is the North Wessex Downs : http://www.northwessexdowns.org.uk/

87 Syncro, 57 Splitty, 02 T4
NickBab

80-90 Mem No: 13949

Postby NickBab » 05 Jan 2017, 21:49

And to throw another option into the mix how about a day green laning on Saturday in the area above then camping Sat night at Stonor Park nr Henley ready for the VW show the following day. Those who didn't want to go to the show could go site seeing in Oxfordshire or more green laning. A bit of a mix for everyone. Weekend of 3rd/4th June.

They only allow camping for clubs so we'd have to book in advance. I'm sure they'd let us do a muddy Syncro line up in the show'n'shine too.

They have plenty of land on challenging slopes so happy to contact them to see if they'll let us set up a trial/demo area for Sunday.

It's a low key show in nice grounds and includes a tour of the country house for those interested. From memory around £25 per person inc. show entry and camping.

http://www.stonor.com/vw-owners-rally/
87 Syncro, 57 Splitty, 02 T4
NickBab

80-90 Mem No: 13949

Postby SYMCRO » 05 Jan 2017, 23:52

Some of you might like to consider Busfest BONAWEEN as an option for a Syncro fun weekend this year.

We have been operating our Syncro Play area there for the past 2 years & had a great time.

This years event will be over the weekend of 20 -22nd OCTOBER at our WELLAND site.

More info on this thread (from 2016 event) viewtopic.php?f=32&t=155398#p8161437

or on Website http://www.busfest.org & FB Page http://www.facebook.com/Busfest-Bonawee ... 7/?fref=ts

8)
Symcro
SYMCRO

80-90 Mem No: 2411

Postby HarryMann » 05 Jan 2017, 23:56

NickBab wrote:

Sounds good Clive, happy to help organise something although all the spring bank holidays are out for me already. I'm sure we can find a weekend though. Feb recce sounds good.

I suggested the Malborough to Newbury corridor based on the Byways noted at http://www.bywaymap.com/. There seems to be quite a few BOAT's in that area (green) which seem to thin out as you get further into Oxfordfordshire. It looks the same as my area where most of the Byways are now restricted (red) so no good for us. There's a few other good campsites around that area too. I'll do some research so we have something to compare. I guess it depends how much laning you have in mind, very happy to discuss further.

Slight E D I T: The area I was looking at is the North Wessex Downs : http://www.northwessexdowns.org.uk/

A lot of those look up on the Ridgeway..
very contentious I thought environmentallly maybe wrong
Uffington White Horse, Dragon Hill and Waylands Smithy are all in that area... accessed from one carpark by foot if fit.
Think we need to chew things over a pint asap.. seems several event options open. Bensons about half way house ?
NickBab wrote:And to throw another option into the mix how about a day green laning on Saturday in the area above then camping Sat night at Stonor Park nr Henley ready for the VW show the following day. Those who didn't want to go to the show could go site seeing in Oxfordshire or more green laning. A bit of a mix for everyone. Weekend of 3rd/4th June.

They only allow camping for clubs so we'd have to book in advance. I'm sure they'd let us do a muddy Syncro line up in the show'n'shine too.

They have plenty of land on challenging slopes so happy to contact them to see if they'll let us set up a trial/demo area for Sunday.

It's a low key show in nice grounds and includes a tour of the country house for those interested. From memory around £25 per person inc. show entry and camping.

http://www.stonor.com/vw-owners-rally/

HarryMann
Admin/Mod

Postby clift_d » 06 Jan 2017, 15:13

HarryMann wrote:http://www.syncronauts.org.uk/AGMForum/viewtopic.php?f=62&t=240

How do we login Clive - my 8090 forum login doesn't seem to work?
1988 LHD T25 1.6TD Westfalia Club Joker syncro
clift_d

80-90 Mem No: 11695

Postby jed the spread » 06 Jan 2017, 17:33

NickBab wrote:

I use that map too Nick, Russel and I connected a nice route from just west of Birmingham into Wales recently and found some amazing lanes that hadn't been driven in a while. You wouldn't think there would be much out that way but the lanes were really nice to drive.

Jed
CAMPERVANCULTURE.COM

VW T25 Van Spares, Westfalia Parts, Quality Camping Gear & More
jed the spread
Trader

80-90 Mem No: 1967

Postby HarryMann » 10 Jan 2017, 00:29

clift_d wrote:
HarryMann wrote:http://www.syncronauts.org.uk/AGMForum/viewtopic.php?f=62&t=240

How do we login Clive - my 8090 forum login doesn't seem to work?

You have to create a separate registration then we manually approve them...
We have shut it down completely for registrations now because of spammers... we'd have 1000s to delete otherwise

Pm me and we can open it for a day or two if you want to read the papers or comments.
HarryMann
Admin/Mod

Postby rogerg-wagon » 10 Jan 2017, 19:47

Not been looking at the forum for a few weeks now so missed any hint of the AGM but will be keen to take part in any green lane weekends as long as I am still welcome,
Also planning to attend the Big Outdoors Event & Syncropendence, looking into Eire as well.
rogerg-wagon

80-90 Mem No: 1669

Postby rogerg-wagon » 27 Jan 2017, 17:56

OK, Just received some new info re. The BIG OUTDOORS, date is May 27/28th. location will be Tiverton in Devon and we will be there, booking not available till early next month, cost will be £95 per family unit including camping I understand, more info on the 4x4 adventures website.
Hope to see some of you there :ok
rogerg-wagon

80-90 Mem No: 1669

PreviousNext

Return to Syncro