The Green Syncro Machine

For 4x4 owners, you must register to post but anyone can read.

Moderators: Moderators, User administrators

Forum rules
You can find further syncro specific information on the Syncronauts website.

Re: The Green Syncro Machine

Postby irishkeet » 27 Sep 2019, 16:26

AIR_CHILLED wrote:Hi, yes the wishbone bushes, I did mine in the end with a large bench vice.
What I meant to ask was which paint products are you using for the suspension and chassis?
Thanks.

Been using Corroless chassis black
https://www.arc-rite.co.uk/corroless-glass-reinforced-black-rustproofing-rust-killer-chassis-paint-choose-size-2167-p

And I re-painted the arches with Kent Rubberguard which is great
https://www.brit-car.co.uk/product.php/529438/5497/kent_products___rubberguard_underseal_aerosol_577ml_
irishkeet

80-90 Mem No: 2322

Postby irishkeet » 29 Sep 2019, 15:22

took it for a short drive around the village today and its a lot better now but still I would not want to have to go too far before the tracking gets done....

irishkeet

Postby AIR_CHILLED » 30 Sep 2019, 09:16

Looks excellent!

Thanks for the links to the paint. That seem like a very good price too.

I am using POR-15 Satin black for all chassis and suspension components but it's very expension.
AIR_CHILLED

80-90 Mem No: 15708

Postby irishkeet » 30 Sep 2019, 10:13

AIR_CHILLED wrote:Looks excellent!

Thanks for the links to the paint. That seem like a very good price too.

I am using POR-15 Satin black for all chassis and suspension components but it's very expension.

Cheers mate, yes really impressed with the Corroless, I bought the RubberGuard a few years ago at a show, sat on the shelf for ages but good stuff, its just run out and I didnt want to pay £6.95 on P&P so I have just bought some U-Pol GUARD/AL # 10 to try...https://www.u-pol.com/us/en/product/premium-aerosols/aerosols/premium-aerosols/guard10-gravi-gard-stone-chip-protector#.XZHVC2Z7lpg
irishkeet

Postby irishkeet » 28 Oct 2019, 17:29

Finally got some time today to get the tracking sorted out, driving a lot nicer now but may be pulling a little to the left, need to drive it a bit more to be sure.

I took the information in this link with me - http://wiki.club8090.co.uk/index.php/Syncro_suspension_-_Settings. Here is the printout what do people think?

Obviously Front Toe was out quite a bit. Caster was fine, the radius rods were measured and refitted as before, Front Camber was also fine as I refitted the wishbone's as before too.

Passenger rear trailing arm was adjusted for toe and rear Camber was not touched as both readings where within tolerance on the Wiki link. Any thoughts much appreciated.

cheers
irishkeet :mrgreen:
irishkeet

Postby AIR_CHILLED » Today, 16:46

Your alignmnet figures look good.

If I'm reading this correctly would you say your front caster is set towards a full van settings and caster closer to empty settings? (going by the Bentley manual)

Drerek's article gives values for 40% loaded and you seem to been within those tolerances, which particular settings were you using?

What was your measurement front wheel centre to lip of arch for the front toe settings? I measured 465mm on standard syncro springs.

Have you replaced the rear trailing arm bolts recently as mine are very rusted so doubt I'll be able to get the rear adjusted until the 4 x bolts have been replaced.

I need to get my Syncro aligned soon so apologies for all the questions.

Cheers,

Mike.
AIR_CHILLED

80-90 Mem No: 15708

Postby irishkeet » Today, 17:58

No problem Mike

I would say my van was loaded when tested, had the fridge etc etc in it and I think the tolerances are ok, I went by the Wiki data rather then the Hunter readings. Front ride height average from both sides was 469mm

Trailing arm bolts replaced when I did the back end.

AIR_CHILLED wrote:Your alignmnet figures look good.

If I'm reading this correctly would you say your front caster is set towards a full van settings and caster closer to empty settings? (going by the Bentley manual)

Drerek's article gives values for 40% loaded and you seem to been within those tolerances, which particular settings were you using?

What was your measurement front wheel centre to lip of arch for the front toe settings? I measured 465mm on standard syncro springs.

Have you replaced the rear trailing arm bolts recently as mine are very rusted so doubt I'll be able to get the rear adjusted until the 4 x bolts have been replaced.

I need to get my Syncro aligned soon so apologies for all the questions.

Cheers,

Mike.
irishkeet

Previous

Return to Syncro