Coolant light

An alchemy of sparks, copper wire and earth

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

Ray
80-90 Mem No: 94

Coolant light

Post by Ray »

suddenly noticed the coolant light is not flashing on startup. The temp gauge is working OK and the fuel gauge too. Could it be relay 43 or Led gone? Not had this fault before.
Ray
2.1dj RHD syncro

Mocki
Membership Admin
80-90 Mem No: 428

Re: Coolant light

Post by Mocki »

Evening Ray,
Take the low coolant plug off the top of the header tank , that would force it to flash so you can test
I would say it’ll be the relay or it’s connection
Steve
tel / txt O7947-137911
👀

1989 2.1LpgWBX HiTop Leisuredrive Camper
1988 2.1 Caravelle TS TinTop Camper 

AngeloEvs
80-90 Mem No: 4709

Post by AngeloEvs »

Temp gauge has three nuts that connect the gauge to the membrane circuit, the centre nut connects the internal led circuit to earth - remove the dash cowl and check the centre nut is tight.

If the gauge works but the LED does not flash for a few seconds when the ignition is switched on then it could possibly be the LED, rare but the only way to know for sure is to test the gauge on a bench if all other possibile causes have been checked.
1987 DG Karisma LPG with remodelled interior

Ray
80-90 Mem No: 94

Post by Ray »

Cheers for input chaps, I pulled off the level sensor plug and the light flashed. Put back on and all is OK now. I just ordered a module 42 and it came today, but am glad it was a bad contact I have now cleaned it up and at least I have spare now for future. All I have left to do now is sort out the rear locker, I think the place I took it for starter motor fitting have fooked the actuator I forgot it had to be removed to get the starter off, I hope not too much damage!
Ray
2.1dj RHD syncro