Auto Electrician needed

An alchemy of sparks, copper wire and earth

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

bertnuggit
80-90 Mem No: 8920

Auto Electrician needed

Post by bertnuggit »

Hello, can anyone recommend an Auto Electrician for my T25, ideally not too far from me (Halifax, West Yorkshire)?
Current problems are:
Temp light flashing & shows max temp - but cooling systen seems good, after a corroded pipe was replaced & no leaks.
Washer pump not working - I replaced pump but still doesn't work & blows fuse if I pull screen wash lever.
Horn not working - I replaced horn & button but still no good.

Many thanks, Richard
Red VW T25, 1985(B), DG Engine, 5 Speed, Petrol.

jrt
80-90 Mem No: 10288

Re: Auto Electrician needed

Post by jrt »

https://www.aircooledautoelec.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
David.
the future is unwritten

bertnuggit

Post by bertnuggit »

Thanks David, I did see this website mentioned on a previous post, I can try them.
I started reading a thread about the temp light flashing and how to fix it, but it went on & I didn't understand it. Just wondered in there are other auto electricians that know their way around T25s that I could contact.

Oldiebut goodie
80-90 Mem No: 11135

Post by Oldiebut goodie »

Horn - check that the earth wire is present at the bottom of the steering column - easy for this to be dislodged without realizing.
1.6D 2019 VW T-Cross
200hp VW T6
1̶Y̶ ̶1̶9̶8̶7̶ ̶H̶i̶-̶t̶o̶p̶ ̶C̶a̶r̶a̶v̶e̶l̶l̶e̶
5̶0̶8̶d̶ ̶M̶e̶r̶c̶

bertnuggit

Post by bertnuggit »

Thanks Oldiebut goodie, I did find the earth wire detatched at the bottom of the column and thought I'd cracked it! But having reconnected it the horn still didn't work. I bought a new horn & new button but still nothing, so to get it through the MOT my garage put a new horn button on the dash, where it's not in a great position....would much prefer it working in the right place!

Mocki
Membership Admin
80-90 Mem No: 428

Post by Mocki »

Take the plug off the thermostat housing ( I’m assuming it’s a late wbx here ) and the temp should go down to nothing . If this is so , it’s the sender at fault ( maybe even not a sender but a switch by previous mistake )
If taking the plug off the sender makes no difference , trace the loom, see if it’s melted where it goes near the zorst , or the insulation is damaged and it’s earthing out .
Next check the plug inside the black box in the engine bay and see it’s not corroded or damaged .

And again, up to the front where it owes out of the loom near the fuse box for damage or badness
Steve
tel / txt O7947-137911
👀

1989 2.1LpgWBX HiTop Leisuredrive Camper
1988 2.1 Caravelle TS TinTop Camper