No hot air

An alchemy of sparks, copper wire and earth

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

sandyman

No hot air

Post by sandyman »

Hi at the moment not getting any hot air into the van. It used to work before had head gasket done, but can't see any connection between the two so don't think it's because of that?? Yes mechanic will investigate soon but just wondered if you folks had any idea. Also my blower stopped working a while back- any ideas?

Forden341
80-90 Mem No: 15589

Re: No hot air

Post by Forden341 »

If you have had the head gasket done then the cooling system would have been drained down. Most likely cause is an air lock in the heater matrix. Have you followed a good bleeding procedure?
The circulation fan in the heater box may well be seized or if you are lucky it may be an electrical issue that would be an easier fix.
All the best
Bert.

sandyman

Post by sandyman »

Thanks Bert yes it did get drained. Thing is it actually started working when I took the van for a proper run on the motorway- got some decent hot air and temp gauge went down to half way or just over. Around town it's a different story. Even after driving around for a while, with the needle three quarters of the way over, I get nothing but cold air! I undid the bleed screw while engine was cold but I got nothing coming out- no air nor fluid. Do I need to do it when it's hot?
I plan to put in the new blower when I get a chance, think the old one has seized. Not sure this will make much difference will it? As I said in my first post I was getting hot air in the van without the fan being on. Any ideas what I should try next?

sandyman

Post by sandyman »

Any ideas anyone?