Headlight upgrade

An alchemy of sparks, copper wire and earth

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

AngeloEvs
80-90 Mem No: 4709

Headlight upgrade

Post by AngeloEvs »

Checked the WIKI regards improving the headlghts efficiency and options regards relay placement, I have the twin square headlghts and have yet to decide the location of the relays regards fuse box location B or behind the grille location C.

Is it best to take separate fused direct feeds for dipped and main beam from the starter battery or better to use the permanent live 12v bus on the fuse box?

If connecting to the battery I assume that the cables have to run under the drivers seat and under the front mat?
1987 DG Karisma LPG with remodelled interior

Mocki
Membership Admin
80-90 Mem No: 428

Re: Headlight upgrade

Post by Mocki »

direct from battery, or you are still open to voltage drop from 30 year old wiring that was barely up to it when new.... one feed split tween nthe two relays,, as only one using at a time ....
my relays are behind headlights, with water resistant connections
Steve
tel / txt O7947-137911
👀

1989 2.1LpgWBX HiTop Leisuredrive Camper
1988 2.1 Caravelle TS TinTop Camper 

Dobble
80-90 Mem No: 15944

Re: Headlight upgrade

Post by Dobble »

I've bought one of these Landrover headlight looms to upgrade my lights:

https://www.paddockspares.com/boomslang ... -loom.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

While researching headlight upgrades in the wiki I also across this tutorial, I thought as I had to run a wire to the battery from the relay I might as well do this instead:

http://wiki.club8090.co.uk/index.php/VW ... ry_to_dash" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Thought this might be of interest to you
1989 T25 MTDI RHD Syncro