Early Diesel - Harness connections and black box

An alchemy of sparks, copper wire and earth

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

matt brighton
80-90 Mem No: 8092

Early Diesel - Harness connections and black box

Post by matt brighton »

Hi

Looking for some advice on the loom for my van.. 1982 1.6CS - using the RJES kit to install a Subaru Legacy EJ20

Im going subaru from a 1.6 CS - so part of the conversion is adapting the subaru loom to interface (plug n play) with the needed wires from the VW loom. Richard from RJES does the work on the loom and to complete the loom conversion sends a PDF photos with all known options of connectors contained in the black box bolted to chassis. Ons different for petrol/diesel/early/late models .

Customer then says which type he /she has and matching connectors added to Subaru loom. Simple !

My problem is that the connectors in my black box don't match with any this he has seen although they are def undisturbed factory

Might it be that v early diesels didnt have connector multi pin plugs, and wires went straight from loom to the components - alternator/solenoid/guages ?

Electrics are not my strong point so any help to describe to Richard accurately what I have and how he can adapt the needed connections would be appreciated.

Best

Matt