2.1DJ AUTO GEARBOX WIRING.

An alchemy of sparks, copper wire and earth

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

maxstu
80-90 Mem No: 3946

2.1DJ AUTO GEARBOX WIRING.

Post by maxstu »

Im struggling to get to grips with new van. As per subject title...but lm more at home with a plain carb'd 1.9.
Starter issues. Ive covered most areas known to me ...new battery., good 90amp alternator, good wiring, earths and terminals. However l cannot trace where two wires on auto box terminate. I think they are causing my starter issue. New contact block and white contact plate in photo. Yet if l slightly wobble auto lever back and forth (not side to side) l can stop the dreaded click and turn starter over.
So whete do they go? No reference in Haynes manual

Thanks
Stuart
MaxStu
1989 DJ 2.1 Auto Leisuredrive rusty bucket.
1987 DG1.9 LPG Auto Autosleeper
"Blissfully happy in your presence".

Aidan
Trader
80-90 Mem No: 742

Re: 2.1DJ AUTO GEARBOX WIRING.

Post by Aidan »

iirc one goes to the starter motor, van has to be in neutral to start it's an interlock switch, the red black is the start signal to the solenoid, the other side may be the secondary live feed to ecu/fuel pump etc..
I'd have to get the wiring diagram out and read it - check syncrosport website for wiring diagrams

bigherb
80-90 Mem No: 5789

Post by bigherb »

One comes from the ignition switch via the fusebox (terminal block D terminal 24)the other goes to the starter.
1982 Camper 1970 1500 Beetle Various Skoda's, Ariel Arrow

maxstu
80-90 Mem No: 3946

Post by maxstu »

Thanks very much to both. I saw syncrosports files earlier. Greatly appreciated.
:ok

Updating....two mentioned wires can be swapped around. It matters not which terminal. Just so long as at end of contact switch. One wire has tape and marked with pen reading UPPER?
MaxStu
1989 DJ 2.1 Auto Leisuredrive rusty bucket.
1987 DG1.9 LPG Auto Autosleeper
"Blissfully happy in your presence".