Auto Electrician

An alchemy of sparks, copper wire and earth

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

sneakyalien
80-90 Mem No: 0

Auto Electrician

Post by sneakyalien »

Hi all,
can anyone recommend a decent auto electrician in the Preston,Lancs area who can fix my VWT25.
I think there are problems with my Alternator and or Starter. I had some work done at 81a VW in South Port to remove the Dash and replace the heater blower motor, also replaced fuel lines and windscreen washer motor for MOT and £600 later(ouch). Anyways, soon as I got in and drove off I noticed the battery light was coming on when I stopped at traffic lights etc. I managed to get home and when I tried to start, it just would not turn over and just gives a half hearted attempt at turning over before doing nothing at all and I get a slight click noise coming from the relay. Weirdly the battery is fully charged and not dead at all.
I think I need a good auto electrician to fix it.
Thanks.

captain Byrne
80-90 Mem No: 7107

Re: Auto Electrician

Post by captain Byrne »

Assuming it ran ok before you had the work done, take it straight back & get them to fix it FOC.
Last edited by captain Byrne on 17 Jun 2018, 16:36, edited 1 time in total.
1983 LHD Westfalia poptop 1.9 DG petrol.

jrt
80-90 Mem No: 10288

Post by jrt »

If you do need one though http://www.aircooledautoelec.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
David.
the future is unwritten

sneakyalien

Post by sneakyalien »

captain Byrne wrote:Assuming it ran ok before you had the work done, take it straight back & get them to fix it FOC.

Easier said than done :) I did ring them and let them know, but the general tone was a 'what has this got to do with us'. He just said do some testing on it to see if it is the alternator. I did ask him about fitting a new alternator/starter motor, but he never got back to me, so I think I'll be giving 81a VW Southport Lancashire a wide birth for any work that needs doing. A rather crappy way to treat your customers, if you ask me.
I'll see about an auto electrician and hopefully he can either get it going or let me know what it needs.
Thanks
Last edited by sneakyalien on 19 Jun 2018, 15:40, edited 1 time in total.

sneakyalien

Post by sneakyalien »

jrt wrote:If you do need one though http://www.aircooledautoelec.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
David.
Thanks, I'll give it a go.