Radio Aerial (Part 2)

An alchemy of sparks, copper wire and earth

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

kentishvanman
80-90 Mem No: 875

Radio Aerial (Part 2)

Post by kentishvanman »

Hi,
Re my earlier post about fitting an internal aerial cos external one gets in the way of the screen cover.
Problem solved. External type pillar mounted aerial now sits in the air inlet box and the end of it extends across to above the off side headlight.
Found a grommet with a cable passing thro and pushed the aerial cable thro that and connected to my radio. Aerial held tight with cable ties. Radio works fine.
1987/8 Autosleeper, 1.9dg (Automatic) hightop. Petrol/ LPG

AngeloEvs
80-90 Mem No: 4709

Re: Radio Aerial (Part 2)

Post by AngeloEvs »

Is it mounted horizontally and out of view don't quite understand how and where fitted? Interested as I still have an external pillar mounted aerial to fit but don't want it on the pillar or the front panel for the same reasons as you. May be take a pic and post it.
1987 DG Karisma LPG with remodelled interior

kentishvanman
80-90 Mem No: 875

Re: Radio Aerial (Part 2)

Post by kentishvanman »

Hi,
Never got the hang of posting pictures.
It is mounted horizontally. The 'triangular' base is in the air inlet box and the aerial extends across the box and then across the front of the van. All out of site behind the grilles. When you remove the grilles you can see where it will sit and where you can thread the aerial across. Solves the thermal screen problem and also spoils the enjoyment of the aerial benders. I can email a photo to you if you wish.
Hope thus helps.
Don
1987/8 Autosleeper, 1.9dg (Automatic) hightop. Petrol/ LPG