Non VW: solar garden light string 12v?

An alchemy of sparks, copper wire and earth

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

slowcoach
80-90 Mem No: 8892

Non VW: solar garden light string 12v?

Post by slowcoach »

Hi folks-
So I have a left over solar panel (20w) and a controller, and I'm looking to get some garden lights going from them. The led kind, that look like traditional light bulbs on a string (ish). Except I can't find any thatll work obviously from a 12v source. Has anyone else rigged this kind of thing up ?

IKEA have a set, with a mains adapter, but checking out the power supply, it's 20v :-\
Cheers!
===================
1984 TRAKKA Conversion Subaru EJ20 5 Speed

Mr Bean
R.I.P.
80-90 Mem No: 5485

Re: Non VW: solar garden light string 12v?

Post by Mr Bean »

Maplin do that stuff. I have a straight set which came with a 240/12v transformer which I have up in the top of my high top which I can plug in as a standby should I have no hook up and the liesure battery is too flat to run my invertor. It is bright enough to read or prepare food etc. The 240/12 v transformer is in the waiting project store. They also do flexible strips but my smiley loop behind my lower front grill is an off cut from a kit from ebay which my grandson fitted under the stair banister in his house. There a are stacks on titnternet. Search for 12v string leds and you will be astounded :shock: - well maybe not :|
I can leave my smiley on with my sidelights or flick it on as a VW wave.
CS
Well-timed silence hath more eloquence than speech.
"A quiet shy boy who took little part in games or sport"
88 High top 2.1 WBX