Led headlights

An alchemy of sparks, copper wire and earth

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

a1winchester
80-90 Mem No: 7187

Re: Led headlights

Post by a1winchester »

itchyfeet wrote: Have you considered photobiological testing and the effects of blue light on the eye if vieed too close for too long, its a requirement of appoved LED lighting....probably other requirments too that you never thought of.

The problem with a high blue light content is your iris does not close down so causes damage to the retina, all white LEDs are blue LEDs with phosphor coating, the colder they are the brighter they are and the more dangerous they are.

No, of course I haven't tested the effects of my white (blue?) lights for effects on the eye.
To bring this back to basics, this thread has been accurately described as a 'can of worms'
If I had read this before I bought my LEDs, I would probably have thought again.
I wouldn't recommend to anyone that they use what I have written as an endorsement of these lights, I have simply reported my experience.
I bow to the far superior knowledge of others who have contributed here. They have backed up their comments with links to documents etc. which I am in no position to argue against, nor would I wish to.
Last edited by a1winchester on 09 Nov 2017, 12:03, edited 1 time in total.
1990 Autosleeper Trident. Water cooled 1.9L DG + 4 speed manual box

itchyfeet
80-90 Mem No: 12733

Re: Led headlights

Post by itchyfeet »

EU directive if you want links
http://eur-lex.europa.eu/legal-content/ ... 5-20140101" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I warn you its boriing :lol:
1988 DG WBX LPG Tin Top
1989 DJ digijet WBX Holdsworth Villa 3 Pop Top
itchylinks