Pro Proprex HS1800 - Air sensor replacement

An alchemy of sparks, copper wire and earth

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

nesty
80-90 Mem No: 4023

Pro Proprex HS1800 - Air sensor replacement

Post by nesty »

Everynow and then. Have to stick the hoover onto the inlet to get the propex working.
This method works ok. Then a few day later it doesn't fire up again.
I emailed propex and got a reply. They state it's the air sensor & they can supply a new sensor all mounted on a board for fitment.
Is this a difficult job? I have seen 1 video. Though bloke had trouble in having troubler to change the wiring around. it didn' look just unscrew and replace?

Propex have said I can send the unit to them and they will fit it. Though if I disconnect the propex. I'll need someone to sign of the re-install again (on safe side).

Not sure just to get the part and get someone to fit it and gas the propex a gas test at the same time?
Last edited by nesty on 01 Oct 2017, 19:56, edited 1 time in total.
Holdsworth Villa2 1983 1.9 DG, 4 Speed, LPG & Petrol+underslung leisure tank

CovKid
Trader
80-90 Mem No: 3529

Re: Pro Proprex HS1800 - Air sensor replacement

Post by CovKid »

Refitting the Propex is fairly plug and play. Propex's tech guy really knows his stuff although in this instance I'd just go ahead and order and replace the air sensor yourself (Propex will assist via the phone I'm sure if you're stuck). The advantage is that other than isolating the gas line, you shouldn't have to disconnect gas feed and all will be well. If you send it to Propex expect around £150 in service costs plus the hassle of removing/refitting. Go ahead and purchase the board.
Roller paint your camper at home: http://roller.epizy.com/55554/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; for MP4 download.

nesty
80-90 Mem No: 4023

Re: Pro Proprex HS1800 - Air sensor replacement

Post by nesty »

Ok many thanks.
Hopefully this will solve the issue.
Holdsworth Villa2 1983 1.9 DG, 4 Speed, LPG & Petrol+underslung leisure tank