Power Ranger 12v supply pack

An alchemy of sparks, copper wire and earth

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

CovKid
Trader
80-90 Mem No: 3529

Power Ranger 12v supply pack

Post by CovKid »

I posted this on facebook but think it might be better here.

Heres an interesting one. Its a Ranger Power Pack. I was given this at least 15 years ago by a guy who used to own a caravan. Its not one of those 120v units (although case is similar), but a 240v to 12v transformer kicking out 17amps. I sometimes use it to power my 12v system if I'm lucky enough to be thrown a 240v line or for testing a 12v appliance but always assumed it was a trailer board tester but its probably used to plug in directly to caravan. Never seen another although Breckland Trading (name on label) still sell similarly powered units but in a posh metal case for £174. I added the four gang ciggy socket and wouldn't part with it but wondered if anyone else had come across one? The transformer in it almost fills the box - its huge.

Roller paint your camper at home: http://roller.epizy.com/55554/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; for MP4 download.

bigherb
80-90 Mem No: 5789

Re: Power Ranger 12v supply pack

Post by bigherb »

Yes they where about in the 70s & 80s when caravan electrics where rudimentary, the trailer 7 pin plug plugged into it for 12V light and sockets before the commando plug mains electric hookup became common, think they where made by Carroll & Meynell
1982 Camper 1970 1500 Beetle Various Skoda's, Ariel Arrow