TK103B Tracker Sim Card

An alchemy of sparks, copper wire and earth

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

bmouthboyo
80-90 Mem No: 9396

TK103B Tracker Sim Card

Post by bmouthboyo »

I am a bit confused by the needs of my tracker.

GPRS I think is used if I want to continuously track the vehicle, which I assume is only really useful if it was nicked and I am in hot pursuit. However when I log into the GPS Live I thought I am looking at it live.

As such do I need a data allowance? I have no idea how much data the tracker needs to update GPS Live.

Secondly I am on vodafone and unfortunately a vodafone PAYG sim in the tracker is not unlimited free text.

Can anyone recommend a network and plan for the tracker? I am thinking Giffgaff, however not sure if I need a data plan, or how much given the GPSLive feature.

Thanks
1983 Autosleeper Trooper - 1.8 Gti Conversion

Mocki
Membership Admin
80-90 Mem No: 428

Re: TK103B Tracker Sim Card

Post by Mocki »

Morning
I personally don't have a data plan on mine, it's easier to simply manually track it via calls ( and much cheaper )
I have a o2 sim, which once topped up only uses its credit and does not expire monthly , allowing the tk103 to text me if the vehicle is tampered with . I suspect a data plan monthly would be expired when I needed it most ?
Steve
tel / txt O7947-137911
👀

1989 2.1LpgWBX HiTop Leisuredrive Camper
1988 2.1 Caravelle TS TinTop Camper 

a1winchester
80-90 Mem No: 7187

Post by a1winchester »

I use Giffgaff for my tablet-phone and the tracker. No charge for calls or texts in either direction.

I don't use a live tracker system. There are loads of options on the tracker to send messages for things like moving more than 200m from current location and / or moving more than a set speed. However, I got fed up with forgetting to re-set before I used the van (receiving loads of texts to tell me where the van was. I knew where it was because I was in it!!)

I just have it set so if I ring the tracker it tells me where it is. So if someone nicks it I should be able to locate it, and when I am away I can check it's still on the drive - for peace of mind. That's all I need really. Very little data use, and free anyway between my tablet and the tracker. If I was going to be away any length of time I might re-set the 200m 'fence'.
1990 Autosleeper Trident. Water cooled 1.9L DG + 4 speed manual box

bmouthboyo

Post by bmouthboyo »

Has anyone managed to hook this upto your door courtesy lights?

And more ambitiously has anyone hooked this unit upto the indicators so it flashes when armed disarmed, alarm going off?

Cheers

Mocki
Membership Admin

Post by Mocki »

My tk103b and several others I've fitted is triggered by the door switches , but never bothered with the indecator thing, although if I remember correctly 1664 did his like that ....
Steve
tel / txt O7947-137911
👀

bmouthboyo

Post by bmouthboyo »

Mocki wrote:My tk103b and several others I've fitted is triggered by the door switches , but never bothered with the indecator thing, although if I remember correctly 1664 did his like that ....

Van I ask how you fitted it with the door switches? Is their one place I can rap into all 3 door earth's?

Or do I need to run a wire to each?

My van is an early petrol BTW, 1983 do early fuse board etc.

Mocki
Membership Admin

Post by Mocki »

bmouthboyo wrote:
Mocki wrote:My tk103b and several others I've fitted is triggered by the door switches , but never bothered with the indecator thing, although if I remember correctly 1664 did his like that ....

Van I ask how you fitted it with the door switches? Is their one place I can rap into all 3 door earth's?

Just connect to the correct brown wire at any of the interior lights , assuming all your doors operate the interior lights ( open any door one at a time and check they all operate the light above the drivers door
Steve
tel / txt O7947-137911
👀

bmouthboyo

Post by bmouthboyo »

Mocki wrote:
bmouthboyo wrote:

Just connect to the correct brown wire at any of the interior lights , assuming all your doors operate the interior lights ( open any door one at a time and check they all operate the light above the drivers door

Ah I assumed the were all independent. Unfortunately for some reason my passenger door doesn't have one fitted, nor the switch. I have bought a switch so may try to fit just to the alarm so it earth's. I'll test tomorrow, cheers