Picture of Autohomes ZIG unit.

An alchemy of sparks, copper wire and earth

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

meggles

Picture of Autohomes ZIG unit.

Post by meggles »

Hi folks, can anybody PLEASE send me a picture of the BACK of the ZIG unit where the wires to and from the battery condition indicator are. I have 3 soldered connections but only 1 of them has a wire attached. Many thanks.

AngeloEvs
80-90 Mem No: 4709

Re: Picture of Autohomes ZIG unit.

Post by AngeloEvs »

I can do tomorrow .
1987 DG Karisma LPG with remodelled interior

meggles

Post by meggles »

AngeloEvs wrote:I can do tomorrow .
That'd be great, thanks. The area I need to see is where the wires from the battery condition gauge/meter go. Ill try to post a pic of what mine is like at present. Having trouble posting pics at present though.

meggles

Post by meggles »

https://www.flickr.com/gp/55814102@N06/p8a475" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
This is how mine is at the moment. Just 2 connections, not 3. :oops:

AngeloEvs

Post by AngeloEvs »

Cannot see the piccy on flickr, may be registration is required?

Anyway, no need for picture of my CF8, there are two leads to the battery condition pcb, one (the lower connection below the Red Led goes to chassis via a eyelet tag and the other (close to the capacitors) goes to the common wire that links the three output fuses. In a nutshell, one to earth/chassis the other to any +12v after the on-off rocker switch. Must be after the front panel rocker switch or the battery monitor leds would be on permanently.

meggles

Post by meggles »

Thanks, I'll have a look in a bit.

meggles

Post by meggles »

This is the pic I tried to upload earlier. Hope you can see it now. It's the small gauge just under the plug socket I can't get to work. The lights on the facia of the Zig Unit are, I think, working OK.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/55814102@ ... ed-public/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

AngeloEvs

Post by AngeloEvs »

That looks like an add on if it is a battery monitor. The CF8 has two LED's, a red one for low battery and a green one for battery ok and these are on the ZIG front panel. If it is a battery monitor then it is just a voltmeter and one connection can go to either one of the three +12 v out and the other to the negative all of which are on the screw terminal strip on the rear. The leads on that meter should be marked + and - or be colour coded red for + and black for negative.

The only meter that I have that looks similar is for the fresh water tank level.

meggles

Post by meggles »

AngeloEvs. Thanks for reply. Firstly: Sorry it took so long for me to reply to your message. Been so busy at work! It's definitely a battery condition gauge/indicator because it says so on the face of it. I see what you mean though. I wonder if there was a fault in the Zig wiring and this was fitted in an attempt to overcome it? I think I gave a rather vague description of it originally so my apologies. It looks like the zig unit is working well so no worries. Thank you so much for taking the trouble to reply. Again, sorry it took a while to get back to you.