Dash wiring. again!!

An alchemy of sparks, copper wire and earth

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

IAN-H
80-90 Mem No: 0

Dash wiring. again!!

Post by IAN-H »

Where can I find a circuit diagram for the dash wiring for a DIESEL t25. All of the diagrams that I've found don't show the diesel version clearly. I have got what I think is the official VW diagram but it's not very helpful. Wires lead off to small numbered squares but I can't seem to find where they re-appear. I want to rewire the printed circuit. Do I wait or commit Hari Kiri? Help
Ianh

Oldiebut goodie
80-90 Mem No: 11135

Re: Dash wiring. again!!

Post by Oldiebut goodie »

1.6D 2019 VW T-Cross
200hp VW T6
1̶Y̶ ̶1̶9̶8̶7̶ ̶H̶i̶-̶t̶o̶p̶ ̶C̶a̶r̶a̶v̶e̶l̶l̶e̶
5̶0̶8̶d̶ ̶M̶e̶r̶c̶

IAN-H

Post by IAN-H »

thanks Oldiebut goodie. I've seen that one, but the diesel part is a bit vague with regard to resistors etc. are there any others. Ianh

Oldiebut goodie
80-90 Mem No: 11135

Post by Oldiebut goodie »

The resistors used will be the same as for the other leds obviously.
1.6D 2019 VW T-Cross
200hp VW T6
1̶Y̶ ̶1̶9̶8̶7̶ ̶H̶i̶-̶t̶o̶p̶ ̶C̶a̶r̶a̶v̶e̶l̶l̶e̶
5̶0̶8̶d̶ ̶M̶e̶r̶c̶

AngeloEvs
80-90 Mem No: 4709

Post by AngeloEvs »

What year is the van? Diesel have a Glow plug Led. Post 86 Diesel vans have pin 14 connected to a 470 ohm resistor which feeds the Amber Glow Plug Led
Apart from the additional Glow plug Led, the DOPS pcb was different to the one fitted on post 86 petrol engines but the wiring is identical. If your van is pre 86 then it wont have the DOPS system making it simpler.

I do have a schematic as I used to replace the standard ribbon pcb with one I designed for owners but I need to check if the schematic will upload from PhotoBucket, alternatively PM me your Email address and I will send it to you.
1987 DG Karisma LPG with remodelled interior

AngeloEvs

Post by AngeloEvs »

This schematic represents the PCB that I designed and is for post 86 vans Petrol and Diesel. Pre 86 is different for both petrol and Diesel.

Pin 1 shows connection to three Resistors and LEDs rather than just three bulbs for the instrument lights.

Pin 2 - The main beam shows a resistor and Led, normally this is a 100 ohm resistor feeding a miniature filament bulb. If you go for a Blue Led and resistor then ask for the correct type of Blue LED (I have the correct Low brightness types in stock) and resistor value. Do not use superbright types - they are far too bright even with extremely large value resistors.

Ignore the Tacho if your van does not have one

Diodes IN4004 0r 5 or 6 or 7 (or use the ones on the PCB but they are a bit big and clumsy.

You will need a heatsink for the 10V Regulator
Last edited by AngeloEvs on 18 Jul 2017, 07:22, edited 1 time in total.

IAN-H

Post by IAN-H »

Morning! Thanks AngeloEvs, I have managed to download a copy from photobucket. excellent. Am I correct in assuming I can bypass the oil module and connect the 0.3 bar conn direct to the oil light? Thanks again, Ianh

AngeloEvs

Post by AngeloEvs »

Waste of time the DOPS . I have an LED on both pressure Switches. Red on the low bar pressure Switch and a Green one on the high high bar pressure switch.

You will need to supply a 12v feed via a 470 ohm resistor to each Led, alternatively, buy a 12v flashing LED and omit the resistor for the low bar switch.

When the engine is started the red one goes out and the green one comes on. With a fresh oil change the green will stay on whilst idling but as you clock up miles the Green LED starts to flutter at idle. When it goes out at idle then time for an oil change. I find that constant illuminated green LED very reassuring and it is in my Speedo where it is easy to see.