Mains hook-up dangers

An alchemy of sparks, copper wire and earth

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

CovKid
Trader
80-90 Mem No: 3529

Re: Mains hook-up dangers

Post by CovKid »

Good job we don't live in metal houses too.

Oh wait, some did, like this cast iron house at the Black Country Museum. Built in 1925 (Dudley) - fortunately there were no domestic electrics to speak of then. :shock: Been inside it a couple of times. Weird acoustics and must have been a NIGHTMARE to heat - and paint.

Roller paint your camper at home: http://roller.epizy.com/55554/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; for MP4 download.

bigherb
80-90 Mem No: 5789

Post by bigherb »

CovKid wrote:Good job we don't live in metal houses too.

Oh wait, some did, like this cast iron house at the Black Country Museum. Built in 1925 (Dudley) - fortunately there were no domestic electrics to speak of then. :shock: Been inside it a couple of times. Weird acoustics and must have been a NIGHTMARE to heat - and paint.

Many did (and some still do) after the war in aluminium prefabs.

https://www.bisfhouse.com/hawksley-bl8- ... -bungalow/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
1982 Camper 1970 1500 Beetle Various Skoda's, Ariel Arrow

bootie3367
80-90 Mem No: 10560

Post by bootie3367 »

Sorry to resurrect this thread Again) but from what I read there is a definitive need for an earth to chassis as well as the RCD/breaker in a consumer unit, yes? I don't very often use EHU, I think twice in 6 years but I don't have an earth or consumer unit. All I have is the input which then goes direct to a single domestic socket for the 240v supply to the fridge! Am I in danger of being severely electrocuted?

Cheers

Jon
'89 Westy Joker Hitop
1.6TD JX engine

Jeff J
80-90 Mem No: 13853

Post by Jeff J »

Probably not as the site supply you use should be RCD protected.