Correct Installation of Sterling AB12160 Alt?Battery Charger

An alchemy of sparks, copper wire and earth

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

wolfbus.uk
80-90 Mem No: 0

Correct Installation of Sterling AB12160 Alt?Battery Charger

Post by wolfbus.uk »

in the next few weeks hope to have installed the basic leisure electrics in the van, so now souring any parts am going to need.
Had planned to have a professional do the "difficult" wiring, but money dictates I do it myself.

Have looked on the Sterling installation guide and various to find a correct way.

On the photo below i've not drawn the + connection between the Sterling and leisure battery, but other than that can someone who knows what their doing or has installed a Sterling A/B charger tell me if this drawing is correct?

https://www.flickr.com/photos/134122268 ... ed-public/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

How many shunts do I need to use for this set up, with 2 fuse boxes and and a display panel?

Am I correct in thinking the Sterling rated at 160A, and my alternator rated at 90A I should be using around 35mm2 wire for the fittings up to the leisure batteries, and then 15mm2 for the connections from batteries through dist box, to fuse boxes. The loads on each fusebox will remain under 20A.