SPEEDO NEEDLE WOBBLE

An alchemy of sparks, copper wire and earth

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

Ian and Lins
80-90 Mem No: 3532

Re: SPEEDO NEEDLE WOBBLE

Post by Ian and Lins »

Fin wrote:Welcome Silverfox

Mine does that, I bought a new cable ages ago - just haven't been arsed to fit it yet....

Funny me too. Apparently I did no miles at all last year.
Are we going on anything else?

1985 Petrol 1.9 A/S Hightop

Jayjaysee
80-90 Mem No: 12629

Post by Jayjaysee »

Just thought that I'd chip in on this old thread. I've replaced my speedo cable (with a new one no less!!) and i'm getting a wobble on now. I'll try the 3-in-1 approach :-)
Westfalia Joker 2.0 Aircooled called Whinne (the Pooh)

Smosh
80-90 Mem No: 12801

Post by Smosh »

how much of a ball ache is it to do? An "I need a cold shower" or "dear god, blue ball agony"?
1984 Voltswagen 25 Pop-Top (No idea what type!?) 1.9 W/C Petrol based in Guernsey, C.I.

slowcoach
80-90 Mem No: 8892

Post by slowcoach »

i dont think your balls will ache at all.. its a bit like threading a cable through a bunch of big metal chunks. but theres plenty of space to work with. hardest bit when i did it a few years ago was getting the rubber bung in the steering knuckle to stay put with the new cable.

dont forget the rubber grommets in the right places, think theres one behind the grill if i remember right..
===================
1984 TRAKKA Conversion Subaru EJ20 5 Speed

what2do
80-90 Mem No: 11974

Post by what2do »

Regarding calibration, follow one of Eddie Stobart's finest in the inside lane and you'll be doing a steady 56 mph. Should improve your mpg as well if you get close enough..........
Why would the glass be anything other than half full?

'89 panel van, 1.9 DG.

Smosh
80-90 Mem No: 12801

Post by Smosh »

slowcoach wrote:i dont think your balls will ache at all.. its a bit like threading a cable through a bunch of big metal chunks. but theres plenty of space to work with. hardest bit when i did it a few years ago was getting the rubber bung in the steering knuckle to stay put with the new cable.

dont forget the rubber grommets in the right places, think theres one behind the grill if i remember right..

Cheers, I've now added one to my boot. Just need to put a few more things in before I pay the postage charge :shock:
1984 Voltswagen 25 Pop-Top (No idea what type!?) 1.9 W/C Petrol based in Guernsey, C.I.