Rusty Gutter Repairs

Thin bits of metal and bright blue light. Including glass & trim.

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

keynsham1
80-90 Mem No: 0

Rusty Gutter Repairs

Post by keynsham1 »

I have a T25 Devon Eurovette Hitop and it has very rusty gutters for all the usual reasons. The van itself is great apart from this and so I would really like to get them properly repaired. I appreciate that this will involve removing the hitop and I believe the rust is beyond just welding a bit of new gutter on as I can in many places slide a screwdriver in under the hitop where there should be metal!! So realistically it would seem to me that its almost a replacement roof or at least a lot of sections which would be needed from a donor vehicle. I have seen pictures on the internet of similar damage but no stories of it being repaired.

This isn't a picture of my van but I am pretty sure that it would look like this if I took the top off!

Rusty.jpg
Rusty.jpg (71.27 KiB) Viewed 1118 times

Has anyone had any experience of getting this type of repair done? I know it would be expensive, I'm just wondering if it would be possible?

Plasticman
Trader
80-90 Mem No: 1948

Re: Rusty Gutter Repairs

Post by Plasticman »

nice :wink:
order of construction is the roof down onto the gutters and these in turn welded to the top of side panels so you need to start there ,and pretty sure this will be in an unhappy state...... this is also leaving aside the inner roof structures,should have loads of pickies if i can find them,as yours is a hitop you dont have to worry too much about cosmetics but may as well do it right, a GOOD cut would be a great help as would more detail pickies
mm