Seat repostion

Thin bits of metal and bright blue light. Including glass & trim.

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

vwrickshaw
80-90 Mem No: 16970

Seat repostion

Post by vwrickshaw »

Hi, i am 6ft 2in tall and the seast on my t25 autosleeper/trident only goes back the standsrd distance...could anyone tell me what is stopping the seat going bak further...it's hitting a stop and i can't find it...if i can get the seat to go back 4 or 5 inches, it will help alot..so has anyone got anyideas pleae... :ok

paperhouselad
80-90 Mem No: 10768

Re: Seat repostion

Post by paperhouselad »

Think it's a small piece of the fixed bottom runner that is folded down to stop the seat sliding right off, just fold back into line then seat can go past this point.

vwrickshaw

Post by vwrickshaw »

I know the little tab when removing the seat, but is it the same when going bacvk, i have noticeced a tab...should i bend it up or across runner...

paperhouselad

Post by paperhouselad »

Hi, yes bend it till it matches the profile of the seat base. I think the seat catches on the top of the battery box cover when trying to go further back. On mine i removed the seat sliding forward then removed the bolts holding the base to the frame and inserted about 8 mm spacers between, now i slide my seat out backwards rotate and reposition as a captains chair, doing away with a heavy swivel base attachment.

vwrickshaw

Post by vwrickshaw »

I will tray that , thanks...

vwrickshaw

Post by vwrickshaw »

Hi, i tried that tab, but that tab is not stopping the seat from going back further....i am trying to push the seat back further than the stop, an i am wandering what is syopping the seat going back to far...

paperhouselad

Post by paperhouselad »

Hi the seat will initially only come forwards, then you need to put the spacers in as described earlier in my piece and try that cheers john.