Plastic double glazed windows

Thin bits of metal and bright blue light. Including glass & trim.

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

jacko1967
80-90 Mem No: 0

Plastic double glazed windows

Post by jacko1967 »

Hi I have a 1988 carthgo conversion I am hoping to change the LH middle sliding window as it leaks it’s a bonoplex double glazed one and looks slightly bigger than a westy one anyone had any experience sourcing and replacing these ? can I get one made ? Why don’t the ones offered by jk etc not fit a carthgo conversion ?any info would be great cheers Danny.

Aidan
Trader
80-90 Mem No: 742

Re: Plastic double glazed windows

Post by Aidan »

VW only fitted the double glazed windows into Kombi shells which have the formed windows like a Caravelle so afaik the aftermarket windows for double glazing will be the same size, ie will only fit a van that was built as a window van, and they fit using the standard caravelle window seal. If your Carthargo was a conversion made on a panel van the they could make the window aperture any size and shape they wanted and have windows made to fit using whichever seal they wanted to use. A picture would help to see if it is the body has window van apertures or cut holes, but if the white sticker is still present you can check the TYPE number of the vehicle, 253 and 255 are window vans, Kombi or Caravelle. The type number is also stamped on the plate underneath the left hand seat on the inner seat box frame. If it is different but is a window van then it's likely only the seal is different and a replacement unit will fit with a standard seal. If you need to get something bespoke made then there are companies who can make them, I know syncropatrick found some and got as far as getting quotes

jacko1967

Post by jacko1967 »

Cheers for the reply Aidan my van is a panel van it has one solid side, I will try and post some pics later, my tap talk is playing up with pics at the moment. a bespoke one seems the way to go, I just don’t know of any manufacturers, will keep looking it’s going to be a this winter job so got time .

jacko1967

Post by jacko1967 »

ImageImageImageImageImage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aidan
Trader
80-90 Mem No: 742

Post by Aidan »

pm syncropatrick hopefully he still has the information he found a few years ago