Couple of question about the Offside 'fridge' panel / floor

Thin bits of metal and bright blue light. Including glass & trim.

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

andyvw
80-90 Mem No: 2853

Couple of question about the Offside 'fridge' panel / floor

Post by andyvw »

Just stripped out the Autosleeper interior ready to replace the outer sill and lower panel.
I have the excellent Schofield panel in hand.

The reinforcing pressing below the fridge vent panel is badly rusted, though not showing on the outside. See image. I assume this reinforcing pressing is just bonded on to the outer panel . May plan is to remove the rusted section and replace with a custom replacement and bond again to the panel? Though it may end up being a patch in the outer skin as well.

The second question is that a small section of the floor will also need replacing, in the image there is a upstanding piece (arrowed). It looks as though it has been bent outward already to accommodate the interior cupboard unit.
I'm guessing it is more on an artefact associated with potentially having a door on the offside, rather a structural member, and so can be partially removed when a section of the floor is replaced?

Thanks

Andy

davidoft1
Trader
80-90 Mem No: 16628

Re: Couple of question about the Offside 'fridge' panel / floor

Post by davidoft1 »

The top reinforcement is welded, bonding a new one will be fine, the bottom one is for an interior door card/ panel to butt up against abs can be completely removed

andyvw
80-90 Mem No: 2853

Re: Couple of question about the Offside 'fridge' panel / floor

Post by andyvw »

Many thanks David.

Just need to drain and remove the petrol tank and the sparks will fly!

Cheers

Andy