Turning mt t25 into a 5 seater?!

Thin bits of metal and bright blue light. Including glass & trim.

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

jaybeeonline
80-90 Mem No: 10194

Re: Turning mt t25 into a 5 seater?!

Post by jaybeeonline »

itchyfeet wrote:
jaybeeonline wrote:Westfalia did a middle seat for the Joker model and you could replicate this by using a middle 2 seater from a Caravelle.

What do you do with those when you arrive and are camping?
Pull them out maybe and use them to sit on in the awning?

I used to do that with my Multivan that I fitted a middle Caravelle seat to and it took bout 5 minutes to remove then the same again to refit.

J.

nesty
80-90 Mem No: 4023

Post by nesty »

I assume this is carrying passengers at speed. IMHO, every seat nowadays has to be safe, ie seat belts, nothing less. I know a previous poster said only test what they see, but lets face it unstrapped sitting on a R&R seat at speed and something happened.
Lucky in mine, a previous owner had custom stanchion posts bolted in at the rear, so R&R seats all secure with belts. A buddy seat for a 5th is very possible for you and mounting a seat belt somehow to the pillar to make it safe.
Holdsworth Villa2 1983 1.9 DG, 4 Speed, LPG & Petrol+underslung leisure tank

Pinkythelabrat
80-90 Mem No: 0

Post by Pinkythelabrat »

A lot of modern taxis use a folding buddy seat which is connected backwards to the front passenger seat back/base and spring mounted. Buses uses these too.

The rear facing seat is probably safer from the point of view of likely forces. Rapid deceleration to a stop is the biggest probability in a crash head on - the g’s there are likely to be a fair bit higher than the acceleration of a T25 or a rear shunt (unless it’s something pretty heavy). I’d rather be forced into a padded seat than against a 2 inch strap across my chest and gut any day.

Side impact and rolling are never going to be a great outcome but you could stick a three point on the seat using nice secure mounts on the passenger seat base and the b-pillar.

It sounds safer than the rock and roll lap belts in my van to be honest.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk