Painting my van.

Thin bits of metal and bright blue light. Including glass & trim.

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

King Kenny
80-90 Mem No: 10965

Painting my van.

Post by King Kenny »

IMG_2658web.jpg
IMG_2658web.jpg (86.7 KiB) Viewed 994 times
This morning I applied the third and final coat of Rustolium paint to my van using a roller. I am really impressed with the result, much better than the old, faded, scratched and dull paint of old. I have used Ruby Red RAL3003 for the body and white for the roof. Thanks Covkid for the very long thread , I read every post before starting. The first coat was bad but I soon learned to forget about the bubbles and the job became easier. If you are thinking of painting your van my advise is to 'just do it'. Total cost was less than £100.
I don't know where I am, but I'm having a lovely time!

1990 CARAVELLE 1.9cc petrol : watercooled

slowcoach
80-90 Mem No: 8892

Re: Painting my van.

Post by slowcoach »

Good job ;)
How many hours would you guess? Probably doing this one day, but I imagine a covered work space would make this so much easier and 'leisurely'.
===================
1984 TRAKKA Conversion Subaru EJ20 5 Speed

King Kenny
80-90 Mem No: 10965

Re: Painting my van.

Post by King Kenny »

I started rubbing down in May. Therefore, the van has been off the road for three months, but most of the time was spent waiting for the paint to dry and for a good day to apply the paint. I did it all outside so that held me back. One day to prepare, rub down and mask. and about three hours to paint. I now have a wren nesting in the front wheel arch.
I don't know where I am, but I'm having a lovely time!

1990 CARAVELLE 1.9cc petrol : watercooled