p38 range rover seats

Thin bits of metal and bright blue light. Including glass & trim.

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

Sir Brixalot
80-90 Mem No: 8927

p38 range rover seats

Post by Sir Brixalot »

Has anyone fitted these? Someone on Facebook said they just need de-seaming with an angle grinder. They looked pretty good and aren't expensive
Honorary "Dave" 

slowcoach
80-90 Mem No: 8892

Re: p38 range rover seats

Post by slowcoach »

Sir Brixalot wrote:Has anyone fitted these? Someone on Facebook said they just need de-seaming with an angle grinder. They looked pretty good and aren't expensive
Hmm come in dark brown too :-) anyone ?
===================
1984 TRAKKA Conversion Subaru EJ20 5 Speed

AngeloEvs
80-90 Mem No: 4709

Post by AngeloEvs »

I read an article by someone who fitted these seats into a Bay Window VW, I sold a pair of T25 seats to a VW Bay owner who said T25 seats fit into VW Bays without problems. I would imagine it must therefore be possible but the article didn't go into a lot of detail other than to say they fitted new runners to lower the height of the seat.

You are right, they look nice seats and can be had for a fraction of the cost of T25 Captains seats, if you go ahead then it would be interesting to see how you got on with the fitting.
1987 DG Karisma LPG with remodelled interior

shepster
80-90 Mem No: 1342

Post by shepster »

Any seats can be made to fit In reality, just be aware of the seat to steering wheel clearance when fitting 'big' seats.

Also be careful how much taller they end up as your legs may end up 'dangling' in mid air depending on how long they are.

I fitted MG Metro seats in my van once and they were really nice, unfortunately they ended up quite a bit higher than standard seats and because I'm only 5' 7" my feet would be in mid air, I had a small steering wheel fitted at the time so plenty of clearance beneath that but with the original I would have struggled to get my legs under.

Choose carefully and strive to get them as low as possible unless you're 6 foot plus and fit a smaller steering wheel.

I ended up sourcing Captain seats but they're mad money now.
2.1 DJ running on carb and LPG.