Caravelle rear seat fittings / fixings missing?

Thin bits of metal and bright blue light. Including glass & trim.

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

rundlej
80-90 Mem No: 17121

Caravelle rear seat fittings / fixings missing?

Post by rundlej »

I've recently bought a Caravelle that has had a rock and roll bed fitted and I want to return to the original rear seats.
I have managed to source some but it looks like a lot of the original fixings are missing on my van. Would anyone be able to provide some photos of the various fixings that should be there? Particularly the stuff on the sides of the seats / van.
Thanks,
John
89 Caravelle GL 2.1

R0B
80-90 Mem No: 864

Re: Caravelle rear seat fittings / fixings missing?

Post by R0B »

Have a look on here https://volkswagen.7zap.com/en/rdw/typ+ ... 2/1991-78/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
2.1 LPG/Petrol Auto Caravelle

"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits"

rundlej

Post by rundlej »

Thanks Rob, there's a real treasure trove on there. I suspect it might be difficult to track down some of the missing bits.

If anyone does have photos of their existing setup it might help me visually work out what's going on.
89 Caravelle GL 2.1

syncropatrick
80-90 Mem No: 5294

Post by syncropatrick »

I took a Caravelle rear seat out. I may have some of the fixings still knocking around. Let me know what you're missing using pictures from the mentioned website.
What is the rock and roll bed? I might be interested.
Campervan Dehler Profi hightop Syncro 16” AGG

rundlej

Post by rundlej »

I seem to be missing the following bits from this image: https://volkswagen.7zap.com/en/rdw/typ+ ... 85-129000/

7, 8, 9, 10 and 12. I think the most important bit is 7 (the pin) as I imagine the hex bolts are relatively easy to get hold of. It would be great if you or anyone else had any of the pins lying about (I need two), the hex bolts would probably be useful too.

I'll take a photo of the rock and roll bed if you're interested. It's full width and quite long but the length is likely due to poor fitting / placement. The cushions are black.
89 Caravelle GL 2.1

multisi
80-90 Mem No: 12

Post by multisi »

I have a pair of back rest locking pins £10 posted.
1992 red lle 2.2 subaru 1990 rhd caravelle 2.2 subaru 1986 california import vanagon

syncropatrick
80-90 Mem No: 5294

Post by syncropatrick »

rundlej wrote:I seem to be missing the following bits from this image: https://volkswagen.7zap.com/en/rdw/typ+ ... 85-129000/

7, 8, 9, 10 and 12. I think the most important bit is 7 (the pin) as I imagine the hex bolts are relatively easy to get hold of. It would be great if you or anyone else had any of the pins lying about (I need two), the hex bolts would probably be useful too.

I'll take a photo of the rock and roll bed if you're interested. It's full width and quite long but the length is likely due to poor fitting / placement. The cushions are black.

Checked my bits and bolts collection, but none of these present. Buy the pins from t'other chap as they're the special parts. Nothing fancy about 8,9 and 10 - the bolts will be a metric thread and easy to buy off ebay. Washers as well. 12 is just a sheet of wood with some pipe grip thingies to clasp the seat legs.

Photos of bed to jcATharmonywood.org please.
Campervan Dehler Profi hightop Syncro 16” AGG

multisi
80-90 Mem No: 12

Post by multisi »

The large bolts are 7/16 UNF thread, these are the same as seat belt mounting bolts, the smaller bolt is metric. The pins are still available new from vw classic.
1992 red lle 2.2 subaru 1990 rhd caravelle 2.2 subaru 1986 california import vanagon