Sliding door adjustment

Thin bits of metal and bright blue light. Including glass & trim.

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

100leelee
80-90 Mem No: 15962

Sliding door adjustment

Post by 100leelee »

A question...
Refitted sliding door, adjusted so it’s level in terms of front and rear edge and gap around the door.. however the top rear edge protrodues out.. its around 4mm
It’s a new seal, but still more than I would like..
I replaced both the sliding track and the lower runner track so I kind of expected to have to tweak it slightly.,
The only thing left that I can see is to insert a shim ( washer to you and I) between the hinge and the door to angle the door ‘inwards’..
Or try and twist it somehow which am not a fan of..
The door meets the seal as it stands so could leave as is, just annoys me when I see it.. lol

RogerT
80-90 Mem No: 13706

Re: Sliding door adjustment

Post by RogerT »

If there is not a corresponding gap at the front edge of the door, then my guess is it has a bit of a twist, or you’ve rebuilt the rest of the van squint...

I don’t see how you can push in the top rear corner without a corresponding movement on the front edge.

But never mind all that, jolly well done on getting to this stage!
Have you ever seen an unhappy fool?

88 Transporter with hitop camper conversion, 1.6td.

100leelee
80-90 Mem No: 15962

Re: Sliding door adjustment

Post by 100leelee »

RogerT wrote:If there is not a corresponding gap at the front edge of the door, then my guess is it has a bit of a twist, or you’ve rebuilt the rest of the van squint...

I don’t see how you can push in the top rear corner without a corresponding movement on the front edge.

But never mind all that, jolly well done on getting to this stage!

Yep, my thoughts exactly..
Guess after replacing every datum point apart from the top roller channel it was kind of expected..!!
It’s also a ‘new’ door, so it could have been like that to start with.. that’s my excuse anyway :D

Will post some pics when she’s fully back together