Seat belt knob

Thin bits of metal and bright blue light. Including glass & trim.

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

Wychall
Trader
80-90 Mem No: 9841

Seat belt knob

Post by Wychall »

Can anyone enlighten me as to how to remove the upper drivers seat belt mounting? It is the height adjustable one. I guess the knob needs to come off but gentle persuasion has not worked. Should I apply brute force, or am I missing something?

Sent from my SM-T320 using Tapatalk
South African 1991 2.5i Microbus - now sadly rehomed to pay for a Melco EMT16X Embroidery Machine.

Aidan
Trader
80-90 Mem No: 742

Re: Seat belt knob

Post by Aidan »

on your SA bus is it a choice of one or other fixing point (high or low) or does it have a variable height adjustable set up, if it's the former then the fixing bolt under the snap on plastic cover should just undo
a picture of your set up would help

Aidan
Trader
80-90 Mem No: 742

Post by Aidan »

if it's adjustable and looks like this then it looks like it's pry off and possibly destroy
https://www.mecatechnic.com/en-GB/191-8 ... 254311.htm

Wychall
Trader

Post by Wychall »

Thanks for your reply Aidan. I hadn't considered that it may be SA spec. It is indeed the one that you provided the link to. I managed to get the entire assembly off so will now try the brute force, but hopefully short of destruction. Your linked pic gives me a clue to the press fit nature. ImageImage

South African 1991 2.5i Microbus - now sadly rehomed to pay for a Melco EMT16X Embroidery Machine.

Wychall
Trader

Post by Wychall »

It's off!
It was a push fit, but seated in two grooves as shown in the pic. So should anyone else be trying, it's the gentle approach with a modicum of brute force. Image