Autosleeper window seals + fibreglass shroud

Thin bits of metal and bright blue light. Including glass & trim.

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

willpom
80-90 Mem No: 13043

Autosleeper window seals + fibreglass shroud

Post by willpom »

Hi

Any Autosleeper owners replaced their window seals. What did you use to fit the fibreglass shrouds as well?

I got some seals from JK but failed to fit them with added shroud thickness.

Thanks

jrt
80-90 Mem No: 10288

Re: Autosleeper window seals + fibreglass shroud

Post by jrt »

This has popped up on here a couple of times, is it the gap ? http://forum.club8090.co.uk/viewtopic.p ... fibreglass" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
David.
the future is unwritten

willpom

Post by willpom »

I've just read that before.

I have the original stiff fibreglass shrouds. They were glued in place and the old window seals went over the body work and and shroud edge. When I say "I got some seals from JK but failed to fit them with added shroud thickness." I actually mean someone else did'nt manage to do this when they were respraying. Their solution was to remove the shrouds and fit the windows. I'm just beginning to redo the interior and want to put the shrouds back. I had one window out today to test but the seal won't fit over both bodywork and shroud. So wondering what seals others have used.

richard s
80-90 Mem No: 16789

Post by richard s »

Hi Willpom,
I'm mid way through restoring my '86 Autosleeper and had removed the rear windows to weld in new edge surrounds as these were badly corroded. I too ordered the JK seals, but had to return them (no problem) for the reason you've encountered - the sections were too small to fit over the fibreglass inner liner panel. Autosleeper were unable to help so I finally sourced new replacement seals (@c£70) from Seals + Direct (https://www.sealsdirect.co.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;) - I can't recall for sure but think the sections were WR61 for the off side louvered window (metal to metal), WR 62 for the sliding door (glass to metal) and WR 64 for two fixed rear windows (glass to metal+inner liner). I got AutoGlass to refit the windows as persuading the sections around the tight radius's required some scary/violent work! Good luck.
Richard

willpom

Post by willpom »

Thanks for the info Richard.

Bit pevved at the sprayers, they used sealant in the seals so no option of return...

kentishvanman
80-90 Mem No: 875

Post by kentishvanman »

Hi,
As has been said Seals Direct are fine. You could also try CoH Baines. Hundreds of rubber sections. Just measure the thickness of the metal work plus the fibre glass and find the rubber section with the corresponding gap.
I have used them many times. They are local to me so I can just pop down there.
It has been mentioned, on this Forum I think, that Just Kampers rubber is not up too much but I have never tried it.
1987/8 Autosleeper, 1.9dg (Automatic) hightop. Petrol/ LPG

Sir Brixalot
80-90 Mem No: 8927

Post by Sir Brixalot »

How much did Autoglass charge for fitting? Good info, I've got rust under back windows
Honorary "Dave"