DEVON AEROSPACE ROOF

Thin bits of metal and bright blue light. Including glass & trim.

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

wedgie kray
80-90 Mem No: 0

DEVON AEROSPACE ROOF

Post by wedgie kray »

Hi guys hope someone out there can help me, im looking to buy 4 new roof struts for my t25 devon with full aerospace roof this is the one that all lifts but front is higher than the rear. i have measured my struts as the company's request but none seem to come back equal in size.so i need someone to please measure theirs as per.rod thickness,length, tube thickness, length. from base of tube to end of rod,& finally overall length from centre of fixing eye to opposite end eye centre.sorry to be pain guys but drawing a blank with this i know i can get a set from poptop parts but they are £177.00 must be somewhere cheaper.unless someone has already bought a full set from somewhere else that would be great. THANKS IN ADVANCE GUYS.

Michael4
80-90 Mem No: 16731

Re: DEVON AEROSPACE ROOF

Post by Michael4 »

Beware, I have the Devon solid sided one with two struts a side. Goes up by the same amount both ends.

The previous owner replaced them and as a result the first two inches of lift are really, really hard. Once past that point is shoots up but needs a very good heave to get it down. Either the struts are wrong or somehow it is now sort of going 'over centre' if that makes any sense...unless anyone has a better idea
1985 1.9 DG Devon Moonraker with solid sided pop top

wedgie kray
80-90 Mem No: 0

Post by wedgie kray »

thanks for reply michael i know its a bit of a grey area it seems, i do need to get the correct ones someone must have the same model on here who can help i hope.

Michael4

Post by Michael4 »

There is a Devon Facetwit group. Mostly new stuff but some oldies...and a fair amount of knowledge.

michaelp_uk
80-90 Mem No: 16879

Post by michaelp_uk »

Hi, I've got a Devon Aerospace roof, you still need some help?

Michael4

Post by Michael4 »

Just a question. Is an 'Aerospace' roof one with solid sides with windows or canvas sides?

michaelp_uk
80-90 Mem No: 16879

Post by michaelp_uk »

I've got Canvas sides as pictured here - http://www.devon.vwt25camper.info/1984_ ... hureWM.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Michael4

Post by Michael4 »

Ah, so I guess ours is the insulated or "Space Top' like this: http://www.devon.vwt25camper.info/html/ ... vette.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

mintygreen
80-90 Mem No: 8136

Post by mintygreen »

Hi. Do you still have your ‘space roof’ Devon? We have one too, they do seem quite rare. Have you done any work on the roof itself. I need to change hinges but having tried just the front and it being seriously hard work I wondered if you knew about any places that could carry out work or any tips you had to do so. It’s such a cool unique roof I’d hate to change it. We’re in Northants. Cheers.