Fitting a new pop top roof

Thin bits of metal and bright blue light. Including glass & trim.

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

richsmith2424
80-90 Mem No: 0

Fitting a new pop top roof

Post by richsmith2424 »

Hi, hoping you can help.
My 1982 T25 has, for some reason, a wooden pop top roof which I'm looking to change to fibreglass. Does anyone have any experience of changing their roof themselves?
I've found a company that will provide the roof, but none of the fixtures of fittings. Looks like getting the canvas is easy enough, but I'm not sure about all the fittings and whether I can do it myself. I found a company here that provides a pop top roof (http://www.shapesgrp.co.uk/vw-t4-t25-ca ... -top-roofs" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;). My camper roof currently pops at the front, not the side.
Any pointers would be greatly appreciated :-)
Thanks

sarran1955
80-90 Mem No: 6754
Location: 6, les Hauts de Sarran 19800, Sarran ,Limousin ,FRANCE

Re: Fitting a new pop top roof

Post by sarran1955 »

Hello,

Where are you in the UK.. :?:

Please learn how to post photos..this will be too good to miss.. :)

Cordialement,

:ok

richsmith2424
80-90 Mem No: 0

Post by richsmith2424 »

Located on the south coast (near Brighton) but moving to Shropshire in a month or two so can do the work in either location as I can leave the camper down here.

Ha, tell me about it. Wish I could share the photos but can't reduce the file size enough to attach the images. Max 144kb is a tiny file size.

Cheers

nicq
80-90 Mem No: 10290

Post by nicq »

Have you tried
http://www.poptoproofs.co.uk/index.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I fitted a small pop up roof they supplied everything pop rivets screws the timber for the trim around the hole cut out and carpet to trim the cutout.
Plus all templates.
2.1 Twin slider