Fitting hens teeth to the rear

Thin bits of metal and bright blue light. Including glass & trim.

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

D34dR4bb17
80-90 Mem No: 16516

Fitting hens teeth to the rear

Post by D34dR4bb17 »

Looking to fit the above to the back of the van instead of a tailgate, as I reckon they'll be easier to find!

Finding a good quality tailgate is hard. I'm starting to think maybe impossible. You can replace every panel, swap an engine, even get a new westy brown cup holder, but a tailgate - no chance.

I've checked - including here, Facebook and eBay - Frank, Mick, Campervan Culture, Bus Scheune in Germany, and Gowesty in the US. They all say that they're extremely difficult to come by nowadays.

Well that's not strictly true. Gowesty had one, but they reckoned it would cost $1000+ dollars to get it to me.

I actually do have a replacement for mine, but it's a little wonky. The problem is the van is in the body shop getting the rear quarter replaced, and they really want a decent tailgate as an extra guide.

However for anyone who has more time than me I did reach out to the JP Group, who confirmed they're tooling up to make tailgates, and will be ready in 9-12 months.

Oh well the search continues. If anyone knows anyone with a decent one please let me know.

Sent from my F5321 using Tapatalk

300CE
80-90 Mem No: 12017

Re: Fitting hens teeth to the rear

Post by 300CE »

One just come up on eBay, big bucks but looks in good nick;

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre ... 3207343992" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
'86 DG, Weber Carb

D34dR4bb17
80-90 Mem No: 16516

Re: Fitting hens teeth to the rear

Post by D34dR4bb17 »

Thank you sir, well spotted!

That must have just come on today. It looks amazing, so it had to be done.

Sent from my F5321 using Tapatalk