Window seals

Thin bits of metal and bright blue light. Including glass & trim.

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

markdspark
80-90 Mem No: 5310

Window seals

Post by markdspark »

1982 Diamond conversion window replacement problem. {half height top}

9 years ago I replaced the rubber on the sliding door window. At the end, the window seemed to be too small for the hole by about 10mm. Very confused, I centred the window and decided not to do the other windows. At stormy festival in July I woke up to find window had popped in on one end & corner. A reel of Gorilla duct tape and driving slowly in the rain got me home. Thinking about the problem and checking the old windows indicated the problem is the window rubbers are a different shape. The rubbers from Just Campers overlap the glass by 7mm. the old ones only overlap by about 3mm.
Does anyone know an expert in fitting windows with rubbers in age of bonded windows. The Diamond conversion is not very common unforunately. I am prepared to pay for replacement of the whole set. I am based Beds/Herts so Scotland not preferred.

RogerT
80-90 Mem No: 13706

Re: Window seals

Post by RogerT »

Replying from Bonnie Scotland, if you fancy trying again, get seals to fit from Seals Direct on t’interwebs. You’ll need dimensions such as thickness of panel, of glass, and the size of the gap between panel and glass. So you get a seal that fits your van, not what JK have guessed will fit some vans.
Have you ever seen an unhappy fool?

88 Transporter with hitop camper conversion, 1.6td.

Betty boop 1
80-90 Mem No: 0

Post by Betty boop 1 »

we used seals direct for betty as we couldnt identify whos conversion bettys was....if that makes sense......huge selection, free catalog so you can match up, really fast delivery and excellent customer service :ok

markdspark
80-90 Mem No: 5310

Post by markdspark »

Success after lots of measurements, on sample cut from existing window, established correct seal. Fitted today with lots of help from son. Perfect fit now. The difference between the Just Camper seals and those from Seals Direct is hardly identifiable even when side by side.

I have redundant rubber for two windows. It is Just Campers number J10680. Free to anyone who wants it. I would appreciate postage or collect. I live in Luton area.