replacement window rubbers seals needed

Thin bits of metal and bright blue light. Including glass & trim.

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

KJB
80-90 Mem No: 0

replacement window rubbers seals needed

Post by KJB »

Hi All, just wondering if anyone out there can help. We have a 1985 T25 panel van conversion, Not sure what conversion though in the Sheffield area. We are getting a full respray done in a weeks time and the sprayer will put new seals in the side windows for us, we just need to get the seals. I have been informed they are standard caravan/ motorhome seals. Before we purchase does anyone know if this sounds right and if so where would anyone suggest getting some from. Also ours has plastic chrome trims so wondering if this is part of the seal or an additional trim to add on after. Appreciate any help.

phinw
80-90 Mem No: 16041

Re: replacement window rubbers seals needed

Post by phinw »

They are called Claytonrite seals. You can get them from from lots of places. I got mine from Seals Direct:

https://www.sealsdirect.co.uk/shopping. ... entId=4#27

You’ll need to measure the old ones as there are a number of types/sizes. The filler strip can be bought in black or chrome.
1988 1.9 DG

KJB

Post by KJB »

Thank you, will definitely take a look at these. Rang Justkampers today and it was beginning to look quite expensive. We've had our van for 3 years and it's starting to need a bit of work to keep it in good condition. Had its MOT last week, went well but quite a few advisories. Gonna be expensive next year. Gulp. Once again Thanks for the reply.

R0B
80-90 Mem No: 864

Post by R0B »

Nooo.Their rubbers are not a good fit i believe.Try these http://www.volkswagenemporium.co.uk/vw_ ... l_kits.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; I very much doubt you will find better.

Rang Justkampers today and it was beginning to look quite expensive
2.1 LPG/Petrol Auto Caravelle

"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits"

KJB

Post by KJB »

Thanks Rob. Will take a look. At least I have a few options now.

phinw
80-90 Mem No: 16041

Post by phinw »

Yes, don't buy any seals from Just Kampers! If you need the front and rear screen ones, like Rob says either Volkwagen Emporium or Brickwerks for the good quality german ones. Anything else is a pig to fit and will probably leak. For the side window in a panel van conversion Seals Direct or anywhere else that does Claytonrite type seals just make sure you get the right size.
Last edited by phinw on 22 Aug 2018, 08:28, edited 1 time in total.
1988 1.9 DG

KJB

Post by KJB »

Thank you,

Just rang seals direct who are going to send a catalogue, which i can now pass onto the sprayer next week to ensure we get the right sizes we need.

Holty
80-90 Mem No: 16194

Post by Holty »

KJB wrote:Thank you,

Just rang seals direct who are going to send a catalogue, which i can now pass onto the sprayer next week to ensure we get the right sizes we need.

How did you get on with these seals?

I require a rear side seal as its starting to rust around the window, will replace the seal when I sort the rust out.

Thanks,

Ian
1.9 DG Petrol High top 1989

KJB

Post by KJB »

Hi Ian,
Sorry for not replying earlier. Ok, never went with seals direct because the guy who did respray suggested we should just clean up the old seals and 're use. Did this, however they leaked. So back to square one. At minute the cab back in spray garage as it had to have a few areas touched up. Explained to them about seals. They've offered to put some black sealant where they leak. Accepted their offer as paying out a bit too much on van at moment.

Sorry it's not much help.
Kerry

hightop ratty
Trader
80-90 Mem No: 2717

Post by hightop ratty »

Absolutely don't buy the JK kit (especially the front & rear screens) - experienced vw garage smashed both my front & rear screens trying to fit to their rubbish non fitting rubbers - we tried for about 3 hours & just wasn't going to fit.
Buy german quality only - did that & the s/h screens I bought fitted like a dream.
Used their side window seal on the sliding door - that fitted ok.