SEATBELTS IN REAR

Thin bits of metal and bright blue light. Including glass & trim.

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

filbay
80-90 Mem No: 8640

SEATBELTS IN REAR

Post by filbay »

Hello,
Hope someone can give me some advice please. I have a T25 Holdsworth conversion, and I want to fit rear seat belts , perhaps just a lap belt. Are there anchorage points under the seats ? I do not want to have to pull out the carpets without knowing. Any tips would be appreciated.

RogerT
80-90 Mem No: 13706

Re: SEATBELTS IN REAR

Post by RogerT »

There are mounting points. Plenty of solutions available, have wee lookie here

http://forum.club8090.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=164277" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://forum.club8090.co.uk/viewtopic.p ... =+Seatbelt" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Probably not mentioned is that you need to ensure your seat base cushion is well fixed, so it doesn’t slide out under the lap belt under braking, taking the passenger feet first through the front of the van.
Have you ever seen an unhappy fool?

88 Transporter with hitop camper conversion, 1.6td.

nesty
80-90 Mem No: 4023

Post by nesty »

I have a Holdsworth Villa 2 with rear belts, previous owner had put in steel stanchions floor to ceiling. I'll get a photo for you later on. However I have rarely had a passenger in the seats, I can see what previous reply says, about the sliding lower seat, could be an issue, though mine always pass the MOT.
Holdsworth Villa2 1983 1.9 DG, 4 Speed, LPG & Petrol+underslung leisure tank

RogerT
80-90 Mem No: 13706

Post by RogerT »

I doubt an MOT tester would think to check. Discovered the issue when we were buying our van. I tested the brakes, and my wife and daughter in the back ended up on the floor, having scooted under their lap belts (that’s all that was fitted at the time).
Have you ever seen an unhappy fool?

88 Transporter with hitop camper conversion, 1.6td.