Painting My Hi Top

Thin bits of metal and bright blue light. Including glass & trim.

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

kevcorks
80-90 Mem No: 14173

Painting My Hi Top

Post by kevcorks »

So I’m about to start the painting of my van following the instructions and fantastic DVD from here. (Recommend the DVD to anyone who is thinking of doing it as it explains everything brilliantly)

Anyway, my question is has anyone painted their Hi Top a darker colour than the van body. I’m going for white for the body but wanted a colour to break it up a little and wanted to see how it would look. All the pictures I seem to find have a coloured body and white top.

Does anyone have the link to the website where you can select your van type and change colours to get an idea of styles?

Thanks in advance

KevCorks
:D
KevCorks

"Doreen" - 1990 Autohome Kameo 1.9 Petrol 5 Speed

kentishvanman
80-90 Mem No: 875

Re: Painting My Hi Top

Post by kentishvanman »

Hi,
Mine was done all white but I wanted to see where to put the vinyl strips.
The easiest way, for me, was to take photos, print off and use coloured pencils. Not very modern day/technical but it achieved what I wanted.
1987/8 Autosleeper, 1.9dg (Automatic) hightop. Petrol/ LPG

Sir Brixalot
80-90 Mem No: 8927

Post by Sir Brixalot »

Doing the same job. Get up early to do it. Later on the paint dries too fast with the heat. No problem at all with insects which came as a pleasant suprise, I recent glossed my front door a rich yellow and had twenty or so flies stuck in the paint and will have to do it again.
Honorary "Dave" 

Jeff J
80-90 Mem No: 13853

Post by Jeff J »

http://www.t3designer.de" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; Click Aufbau to get Westie high top showing then play with the colours