Louvre window

Thin bits of metal and bright blue light. Including glass & trim.

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

Rodney Hopalong
80-90 Mem No: 16369

Louvre window

Post by Rodney Hopalong »

I have a 1985 Devon conversion with Louvre windows over the sink they are quite rattly I was thinking of replacing them with sliding window kit from Just Kampers I asked them a question would it fit the answer was it MAY fit if it left factory with windows is there any way I can tell if it left with windows.
Thanks

DoubleOSeven
80-90 Mem No: 14520

Louvre window

Post by DoubleOSeven »

Pop your reg in here and come back to us.

https://www.check-mot.service.gov.uk/?_ ... 1510586482" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

We’ll know then. If it says transporter, then no. If it says Caravelle or Multivan then yes. AFAIK the Devon conversions were all done to panel vans (transporters).

Oh and I wouldn’t be buying anything JK. Speak to a breaker like Mike Crowe aka. (NWVWT25) and get some factory Caravelle sliders.
1990 Volkswagen Transporter 2.1 Manual
2005 Porsche 911 3.6 Manual
2012 Volkswagen Polo 1.4 Automatic

Rodney Hopalong

Re: Louvre window

Thanks for reply i tried that goverment site but it didn't recognise registration as it was Northern Ireland format, but put it into three private sites that do free checks one came up with caravan and the other two said caravelle. Im not sure now if it was a caravelle would they have used insulation in 1985 because there is none whatsoever in my camper my reg was ADZ1206.

syncropatrick
80-90 Mem No: 5294

Post by syncropatrick »

Provide a photo of the window, including where it meets the body. Someone on here will be able to tell you if has factory windows or not. Factory windows are recessed into the body, while non-factory are flush to the outer skin.
And I have not heard of factory louvre windows on a T25/3, so that may answer your question.

First dibs on your louvre windows if you decide to take them out!
Campervan Dehler Profi hightop Syncro 16” AGG

evilnoodle
80-90 Mem No: 10633

Post by evilnoodle »

What is rattly about them?
Assuming it is the glass while travelling......would a draught excluder tape help?
Jane :-)

LIVE YOUR DREAMS......................except for the one about being eaten by a giant spider!

Rodney Hopalong

Yes you could be right about draft excluder that is an Idea I didn't think of I have only had van about 8 months last one I had was an autosleeper didnt have the louvre window is there any advantage in them over normal sliding window I thought they might be colder . I would need to take window out to fix a bit of rust at some stage I will upload some pictures when I get them done.

Jeff J
80-90 Mem No: 13853

Post by Jeff J »

Rodney Hopalong wrote:Yes you could be right about draft excluder that is an Idea I didn't think of I have only had van about 8 months last one I had was an autosleeper didnt have the louvre window is there any advantage in them over normal sliding window I thought they might be colder . I would need to take window out to fix a bit of rust at some stage I will upload some pictures when I get them done.
Louvre windows have a fly screen which I don't think sliding ones will. So no problem with insects getting in while you are cooking