Rear seat belts fitted

Thin bits of metal and bright blue light. Including glass & trim.

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

Wesley
80-90 Mem No: 0

Rear seat belts fitted

Post by Wesley »

Hi,

Hoping someone can point me in the right direction. Im looking at having my rear lap belts replaced with 3 point seat belts (to accomodate child car seats). I was thinking either 2 in the rear seats ir 1 rear and 1 middle seat.

Ive looked up in the archive section which gives good description on how to do it. However, I just dont have time and need to find some where in the Bromley or south london area that can do a good job. Also be good if anyone knows a rough price I woukd be looking at.

Many thanks
Wesley

Jonnyb416
80-90 Mem No: 9259

Re: Rear seat belts fitted

Post by Jonnyb416 »

I’m sure someone mentioned a company that fits seatbelts within the M25 area. Being a Northerner, I have no idea if that’s you. However, it’s really not hard to do once you know what parts to order and spoke to a local welder. £100 for parts and £50 for a mobile welder up here in sunny Wigan. Let me know if you need more help. Cheers, Jon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
1982 Diesel hightop. 1Y engine. Still work in progress but running and taking us on holidays.

clift_d
80-90 Mem No: 11695

Post by clift_d »

Since you have a Caravelle I would really suggest you get the Brickwerks rear seatbelt kits. They are not at all difficult to fit - just a bit of care required - and only take a couple of hours per side without special tools, and they give a really neat installation that is as VW intended.

Alternatively you could get in someone like Seatbelt Service, and they will come to you and fit the seatbelts. It will not be as VW intended and it will probably cost you more than double the Brickwerks kit, but it will be minimum fuss and a decent result.
1988 LHD T25 1.6TD Westfalia Club Joker Hightop syncro

hightop ratty
Trader
80-90 Mem No: 2717

Post by hightop ratty »

I fitted the brickwerks rear seat belt kit to my factory high top van following their blog & reading up loads before hand (wasn't really necessary, but I like to make sure what i'm doing) - really simple to fit (& I can bodge anything without trying at all :roll:

Took a few hours (mainly as I had to strip out the full side panel cover (mine is a non glazed rear) - a rear glazed caravelle would be really easy.

Wesley
80-90 Mem No: 0

Post by Wesley »

Hi all,

Thanks so much for the help and advice. I’ve gone for the Brixwork kit that has been suggested & am having Darren @ VW Airfix in Carlshalton fit them. Whilst I usually don’t mind having a go myself there for child car seats so thought better to get a professional to do it.

Once again thanks for your posts and pointing me in the right direction.
Cheers
Wesley